FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Engine warning light flashed briefly on ignition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
iantho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iantho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 10:05pm
Yes it's a weird problem. Drove it several times again today and no sign of the warning light. Will call the dealer in the morning as I'm not sure there's much point me taking it in to them tomorrow. I've ordered an OBD2 adapter now so I can read any fault codes if the warning comes back.

Really sorry to hear about all your battery/electrical issues. Ouch Sadly that's the kind of trouble that leads people to move away from a particular car or even a manufacturer. If it were me, I'd be on to the central Kia customer services by now to tell them they either need to fix it properly and soon or I'll be selling the car and possibly not buying another one of theirs. That tactic has worked for me once in the past with a different manufacturer. Worth a try! Hope it gets sorted ASAP, keep us posted... 
2014 Kia Cee'd GT TECH Phantom Black
Sponsored Links

Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 8:20am
Yes Ian, that's how I feel. I am giving westover a chance to fix it. They know how fed up I am with it so I think they will go to kia if no joy. Basically the car is dangerous to drive.
Proceed gt facelift
iantho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iantho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:11am
Originally posted by iantho iantho wrote:

Yes it's a weird problem. Drove it several times again today and no sign of the warning light. Will call the dealer in the morning as I'm not sure there's much point me taking it in to them tomorrow.

The warning light was still off this morning so I called the dealer and they agreed there wasn't much point taking it in today so I cancelled the appointment. My OBD2 reader arrived so I'm ready in case the light comes back on again!
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 1:16am
If its a decent obd reader it will show pending codes also so you'll get the code before the light comes on
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:22pm
Annoying though Ian, having to buy trickle chargers, readers. Doing Kia's job for them now. Seems these cars are electrically way to complex. Went in to my dealer yesterday as needed some bits from my car. They have still not looked at it yet. They are skoda as well and they are inundated with those cars. They did say if they cannot find the fault they will get kia involved and would not expect me to drive it as it is too dangerous. That's encouraging anyway. The loan car is being paid for by kia now as rac assist give two days.
Proceed gt facelift
iantho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iantho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:19pm
Hmmm, well at least it sounds like you're making some progress. Good luck with it.
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:43pm
What worries me Ian is that you seem to be able to buy quite cheaply fault reading equipment to detect faults even before they occur, why don't the dealers have the proper equipment. My friend who works for the rac is light years ahead of the dealers when it comes to checking my battery. Very worrying. Still not got car back, been in there 10 days now.
Proceed gt facelift
GTOldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Rogpic3 Rogpic3 wrote:

What worries me Ian is that you seem to be able to buy quite cheaply fault reading equipment to detect faults even before they occur, why don't the dealers have the proper equipment. My friend who works for the rac is light years ahead of the dealers when it comes to checking my battery. Very worrying. Still not got car back, been in there 10 days now.
Assume the garage has checked your firmware is up to date?
Think it's time to use the Kia Customer forum on this website - if you haven't already done so.

Can you post on Kia's facebook page - or is it locked down?
Tim
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:21am
Spoken to kia direct by telephone, chocolate and fire guard come to mind
Proceed gt facelift
GTOldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Rogpic3 Rogpic3 wrote:

Spoken to kia direct by telephone, chocolate and fire guard come to mind
May still be worth making a formal/written statement on the Kia Customer Forum here - if you can face going through it all again without getting (too) abusive! Angry

I can understand your frustration and if I didn't already have a GT I would be waiting to see the outcome on this one before making a decision. The longer it goes on, the lower my opinion of Kia!

(I have been programming and/or working with computers all my life since 1963 at college and even I am amazed at how bad the GT/ProCeed engine management computer system is at recording what has been going on! Cry)

Tim
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic