FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Engine cutting out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ryanlisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryanlisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine cutting out
    Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 5:18pm
Hi I am a newbie and just looking for a little advise, I have just bought a 2006 serento and I am having a few problems with it cutting out, I have replaced the fuel filter under the bonnet but that's not cured it, sometimes when it cuts out the engine management light comes on and I have had it plugged in and it's reading a co senser but I have been told that there is not one on my car any help would be welcome cheers
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 5:33pm
Most likeliest thing is the fuel tank delamination if it has not already been replaced.Under rear seat drivers side lift up flap You will see the top of the fuel tank.Dissconect battery for safety and undo screws and lift cassette out being carefully not to bend float arm .Prise top off canister you will see clips around the top.Inside is a fine strainer.If clogged with greyish pieces this is the tank lining.Clean all out and take pictures.Visit you Kia dealer and show pictures.Kia have been replacing tanks FOC and you do not need to have full service history.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic