FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Engine cutting out. Any Ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
Racandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 8:23am
Car been back with me a few day now after having new tank and filter all paid for by Kia. Very happy with service received so all good. Kia you have sold me on the brand I will buy another in a few years time.
Sponsored Links

Emeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 4:44pm
My wife's 03 plate model has started cutting out this last week when under load.

I suspect it may be the tank - I will follow the instructions on this thread and have a look tomorrow, but is there a chance Kia will replace the tank on mine despite it being so old?

Edited by Emeye - 05 Nov 2016 at 4:45pm
grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 6:39pm
They have been replacing them regardless of age. Dont know for how much longer
Emeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by grumpycrdi grumpycrdi wrote:

They have been replacing them regardless of age. Dont know for how much longer

So worth an ask then? - I see you live not too far from me, which Kia dealer would you recommend as being the best around here? My nearest is the one in Dukinfield.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 1:43pm
Absolutely worth an ask! I think you will be successful. Search the forum for what to do regarding the tank filter. I too bought my Car from Premier Dukinfield. Excellent service and reviews. Dont go anywhere near the Ford/Kia garage in Werneth, Oldham. They really tried to rip me off. £350+vat for a job that f0ster from the forum told me how to fix for £22
Emeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 9:03pm
So, I took our 2003 Kia apart today and, along with covering myself with diesel, I confirmed my suspicions. The filter in the sender unit was completely coated and the bottom of the unit was full of the grey gunk. I could see inside the tank that the paint was coming away.

For now I have cleaned it all up and tomorrow I will find the Kia customer service number and see what they can do.

Thanks again to everyone on this great forum! 😀
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:06pm
Good luck! You should be ok with this
Didaniels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didaniels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 6:26pm
Following intermittent engine dying my 06 Sorento had the tank replaced at Kia's expense. Unfortunately the engine still died under load especially when towing.  After £500 worth of diagnostics suggested by Kia technical (but not at their expense) a high pressure fuel pump was diagnosed as the problem and a new one fitted again at Kia's expense.  Unfortunately the Kia garage road tested and for the 1st time they experienced the same problem.  (previously it had happened mostly with a caravan being towed and the garage had not been able to replicate the fault).  Back to Kia technical for more ideas.  The injectors showed no problems.  The garage have now replace the fuel filter housing and all seems to be well.  They have road tested 3 times and are road testing again tomorrow to be sure before returning to me.  I won't be happy until I have done a long journey towing the caravan but fingers crossed. The Kia garage in Thetford have been very good and have had the car since early October trying to solve the problem.
craig06 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 7:06pm
How come a non genuine filter will cause these issues?
Didaniels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didaniels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 7:28pm
To the best of my knowledge all genuine parts have been used.  I don't know what the issue was with the filter housing but can only guess it was a hairline crack allowing air in under pressure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
  Share Topic