FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

egr blank plate fitting location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bmhill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: egr blank plate fitting location
    Posted: 09 May 2017 at 5:31pm
i am wanting to blank the egr off and am wondering if i can put the blanking plate where the red circle is?

any help appreciated folks as i am at a loss as to where it needs to go
2009 Sedona 2.9 crdi manual TS
Sponsored Links

bmhill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:47pm
ok guys i have sussed it!..... i think lol
i have put the plate here and its not thrown any EML or anything.
i was thinking of putting it in the position above but when i looked again it seems that the best place to put it is in this position
bmhill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:59am
an update for everyone, on my 2009 2.9crdi putting the plate in throws a P0101 fault and i have been told this is because the car has sensors that tell the ecu that gas is flowing.
since removing the plate the P0101 has not returned.
i have been told to drill a hole in the plate but will leave it out for now
haribo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 1:40pm
Did it make much difference when you added the plate in? 

I'm trying to install it myself at the moment but I cannot get to the second bolt (LHS in your picture). Thinking of putting it at the other end opf that pipe (the end that connects to the EGR) as it appears to be more accessable. 
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:03pm
Just remember MOT is tightening up April on emissions ie EGR or DPF interfearred with become failures.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
haribo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:16pm
Thanks. Just looking to add the plate to see if it resolves an engine issue. If it fixes it then I can always clean the EGR vlave later and remove the plate.
haribo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:21pm
Just added the plate and it appears to have fixed the issue I was having. First tried adding it at the top (back) end of the pipe in your picture but it wouldn't fit as the bolts were too big. Ended up removing the battery and putting it in the same place as BMHILL.

I couldn't get the pipe off the fitting completely so had to hacksaw my plate so that it slotted on instead. 

Took it for a test drive and the only issue I have now is that the check engine error code P0101 (Mass Air Flow error) appeared. This is not unexpected so I guess that I'll need to drill that 10mm hole inthe plate to get rid of it.
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:31am
I think you will find a 10mm hole will be too large, start with the smallest you can to put the light out.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic