FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Ecoboost Diesel Estate/SW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:19am
This problem is more of an intermittent "niggle" to be fair.

From having the crankshaft pulley bolt failure experience with the Picanto, nearly all dealers used a hit or miss troubleshooting method. Some customers spent thousands trying to resolve what was a known fault. The pattern was quite consistent, based on feedback from other forum users.

If I knew I could confidently go to the local dealer and be told the actual problem, I'd be all over it.

I did actually mention the problem to the dealer while it was in for recall work last year but they didn't find anything.

I mentioned that the earlier models suffered from something similar and was resolved via a firmware upgrade.
Sponsored Links

gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 3:40pm
Well I decided to pull apart a few connectors in the engine bay and give them a blast with WD40.

Might have been coincidence perhaps but the low rev stutter is certainly improved!

I think my next stop might be to investigate the EGR if it comes back?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic