FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

DRLs and dashlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rockhopper229 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockhopper229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DRLs and dashlights
    Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:06pm
Could anyone help with this issue.
I am having trouble remembering to turn the lights on at night on my sportage. With the dashboard lights being on when the DRLs are on, I think the lights are on until I get out of streetlight areas. My vehicle doesn't have automatic lights.
The other car I drive has automatic lights and this makes the matter worse as I think the lights have come on when needed on the Kia.
Is there anyway to have the DRLs on without the dashboard lights. Or can I disable the DRLs completely. I understand they are not legal requirements in UK
Many Thanks
Sponsored Links

darich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:30pm
Why not switch off the auto lights on the other car so you're more inclined to manually switch them on?
Not sure if the dashboard lights are connected to the DRLs but you can't turn either off. Maybe if you could connect it to a computer and using the correct software. The DRLs become your sidelights so if you disconnect or disable them you'll have no sidelights.

I've seen lots of people drive with no lights on...just leaving petrol stations or car parks.....baffles me how you can leave your parking space with no lights on and it's dark.
I know the DRLs give off a fair amount of light but it's nothing compared to headlamps.
stu8rt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu8rt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:33pm
or disconnect the DRLs 
darich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by stu8rt stu8rt wrote:

or disconnect the DRLs 

Fail MOT for that.
Your DRLs are your sidelights.
Jim in Rutland View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim in Rutland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 4:53pm
Id seriously consider your ability to drive if you can even remember to turn the lights on when its dark.

Jeeeez.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic