FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Disappointed Kia Owner.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kamenrider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamenrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disappointed Kia Owner.
    Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:25am
It has been a disappointing experience so far since I picked up my brand new Niro PHEV on 26/10.

The first issue was on the day I took delivery of the car.  My daughter had noticed that the trims on the back of the demo vehicle (parked next to our car) were chrome with a green edge but the trims on my vehicle were matt silver.  Upon further inspection, it turns out that the trims on the front of my car were correct and that I had a mismatched set of trims.  What had actually been installed on the back of my car were the trims from the HEV version of the Niro.

To make matters worse, the salesman claimed that only limited edition PHEV's get the chrome with green trims and the car I had ordered wasn't one of them.  In the end, we agreed with the dealer to order the correct trims to be installed.

How did this car pass QC to leave the factory?

Onto the more serious matter. On 4/11 I found the car had stopped charging.  I tried using different chargers and it made no difference.  I called up the dealer and they organised for the vehicle to be looked at on the 9th.  We had coincided this visit with the installation of the trims.

Upon collecting my car, having been at the with dealer all day, the trims were installed but we were no better off with having addressed the charging issue.  The person in service said they were working with Kia and had ordered 'some' parts.  The waiting exercise continues and I'm still having to fuel my car with petrol.

I walked away feeling even more disappointed that I have a £30k vehicle that is not fit for purpose.
Sponsored Links

Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:38am
Haven't you already posted this?

Whilst it's not ideal it's not the end of the world either is it?

Your car still works and drives etc so I don't think you can really say it's not fit for purpose IMHO.

Cars breakdown, suffer faults etc. This applies to all manufacturers to be fair. Kia will repair it. Happy days then?
kamenrider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamenrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:28pm
The thread got lost and I've been asked by the Admin to repost it so that they can merge it in.

thank you for your honest opinion.

Edited by kamenrider - 14 Nov 2017 at 12:30pm
Kia Customer Service View Drop Down

Official Kia Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia Customer Service Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 1:49pm

Hi kamenrider

Thanks for contacting us and linking us to this summary. We’ll continue to liaise with you via social media.

Kia Customer Service
0333 2022990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KIAUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic