FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Diesel: How to remove engine cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diesel: How to remove engine cover
    Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 6:00pm
I'm getting a weird sound from the engine like a ticking/clicking sound it happens when you start it from cold then goes when its warmed up, but it also comes on when you put on the aircon, i thought it was coming from the belt area but then i pushed on the engine cover and it went away.

How many bolts are there all i can see it two bolts one on the left side and one on the right side. 
Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDI LS 2007
Sponsored Links

mcsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 6:35pm
It's been a while since I removed mine.

I think it's the two Bolts you can see and then a push fit at the rear.
Plastic Pegs into Rubber Cups. Give it a pull upwards.
jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 12:07pm
Thanks i shall give it a go at the weekend, I'm hoping with me just pushing hard on the cover has stopped whatever the sound was,maybe something is a bit loose that holds the engine cover.
Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDI LS 2007
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic