FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Diesel Ceed Oil Change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:00am
Originally posted by ratboiler ratboiler wrote:

Thanks the diesel fuel filter will be the next, or when I change the disc pads over, by the way does anybody use the 'Green Stuff' brake pads from EBC.
I was very disappointed in the Kia brake performance and changed to those which improved things dramatically.
EBC Green stuff are softer brake pads made using organic friction materials (whatever they are?!)
 I've never personally used them, however a lad at work, Tom has them on his Astra. He says they work better from cold and are good for everyday driving, but if you push them they overheat very quickly.
 He also says that with them being softer expect to change them twice as often as you would do OE spec pads. They are much easier on the rotors though and he thinks he'll be able to do three sets of pads to one set of rotors (corrosion permitting.)
 That's as far as my knowledge of Green stuff pads goes I'm afraid! 
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
Sponsored Links

ratboiler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratboiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:39am
Agreed they are softer, and I was getting around 24k miles as I remember, and in my experience stop the car a lot quicker, never had a problem with them at speed on the motorway, as opposed to the standard pads which did not stop me running up the back of a guy on the the motorway.
Wife had the same problems on standard pads, I got a sheepish call to say she just could not stop the car.
That's the reason I am on those pads they stop you, when you need them, expensive yes but worth it.

Back again View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Back again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by ratboiler ratboiler wrote:

plus whilst on the Kia forum I picked up on the Sealey Oil Vacuum remover which I bought.
A point to note when using the Sealey unit the engine oil needs to be hot as the Sealey unit draws the oil out from the dip stick tube.

I bought a Pela 6000 extractor from Amazon about 9 years ago (no idea what I paid but they are just over £50 now) when i had a BMW with the stupid 2 year/20,000 mile oil changes. Worked a treat but as noted above the oil needed to be really hot otherwise you would either have to wait ages or nothing at all would happen, I found a quick run of about 4 miles would do the job.

Not getting the last drop out was not a worry since this was only an intermediate and additional oil change. Doing it via the sump plug was not an option since that meant getting the car on a lift to remove the underbody shielding. There were some urban myths on the BMW forum about the cars ECU logging the unathorised oil change and owners loosing their warranty but how could that work when the car is turned off? In reality nothing ever flagged up. I guess if you turned the car on with no oil in that would create a flag but only an idiot would do that.

Also used it on the Ceed to do a change before we went on the first road trip with about 5,000 miles on the clock, worked a treat again.

Not used it for a few years since the cars I have bought have all been 1 year/10,000 mile services but no intention of getting rid of it, will almost certainly need it again someday.
hchwskse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hchwskse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by gtd2000 gtd2000 wrote:

Did the white smoke on a cold startup for away after using the Wynn's injector cleaner?

Just went out and checked as the wife drove off to work, still no white smoke on start up after a month plus, but as stated above it tends to come back so Millers additive and branded diesel not the supermarket type seems to be the consensus. Just do a google search on the Hyundai and both main Kia forums for "white smoke startup", and you'll get all the info/debate. What I said above is the abridged version, and besides that it's not terminal just rather annoying! 
KIA CEE'D SW 1.6 CRDI 89 DIESEL ECODYNAMICS 2010 (FACELIFT)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic