FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Decision made KX-5 it is

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
martyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 9:00am
Hi All
I also tow a caravan and wanted a full size wheel as a spare, I bought a 17 inch steel wheel from the site below and then fitted it with a correct size tyre to make up the right diameter. They offer 16 inch or 17 inch wheels I have a KX4 so I bought the 17 inch to make sure it would be big enough to fit over the brake calipers. It fits in the spare wheel cut out in the boot and I am pleased as it only cost me all in £130.
This is the site I used 
Sponsored Links

Pepys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:22am
I've 'discussed' this with the salesman at my local dealer.

They've agreed to supply a full size spare, along with the towbar & electrics on a KX5 for what I think is a reasonable price.

I'll mull it over for a couple of days, but I'm pretty sure I'll go for it - provided there are no hidden surprises.
PaulD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:26am
Wish I'd read this before getting mine as I've just got the gunk.
Uvox2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uvox2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:46pm
I got a spare for my Venga, a full size alloy complete with hardly used tyre from a write off Venga, at a local scrapyard for £70 cash.

I recommend anyone needing a full size spare to ring the local scrappy to see if they have one.

They take the wheel off for you and online scrapyards even take PayPal!

Paul

Edited by Uvox2 - 15 Sep 2017 at 1:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic