FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Daytime Running Lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ace Demon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace Demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by GT1994 GT1994 wrote:

Originally posted by CSCotton135 CSCotton135 wrote:

totally agree with dave1978,especially cyclists wearing black wtf is that all about

Being fashionable > not being hit by a car

But are they being hit for wearing black? Contrast works both ways. I find black things easy enough to see. And it actually works well at night for pedestrians under streetlamps.

But since you mentioned fashion... painting cars in shades of grey seems to avoid a nasty colour clash with the tarmac.
Sponsored Links

alanhayward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanhayward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 6:30pm
Now the bulbs have been removed, surely the car will fail the MOT now?
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 6:43pm
The car will fail an m.o.t and in an accident you'll find you're insurance is invalid for removing a safety feature which they will argue may have prevented the accident do what I did buy pure white l.e.d bulbs I don't get any flashing anymore
dave_herts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave_herts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:53pm
inoperative dlr lights just appear as an observation on a MOT, it wont fail.
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:58am
Originally posted by dave_herts dave_herts wrote:

inoperative dlr lights just appear as an observation on a MOT, it wont fail.

Slightly more to it than that.

Where DRLs replace front position lamps (such as on the Sportage) they must operate.

For a vehicle first used on or after 1 March 2018 they must work.

Major fail in both cases.
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:48pm
And about time too.....
"The Boss" has a 13-plate Picanto and I have a 17-plate 1.0 ltr Hyundai i30 Se Nav new generation with all the options(and very nice it is too.....)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic