FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Daylight running lights LED's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Gibbo1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbo1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 9:49pm
Strange they only changed the one, my dealer has just changed both of mine as advised even if one is ok Kia advise to change both, although I waited nearly 3 months for the parts.
Sponsored Links

poisondwarf001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisondwarf001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Gibbo1988 Gibbo1988 wrote:

Strange they only changed the one, my dealer has just changed both of mine as advised even if one is ok Kia advise to change both, although I waited nearly 3 months for the parts.

Well, I have had the faulty one replaced, and when the other one goes down the tube, i ll have that one done too.
As you will see from a previous post of mine, I was told by Kia UK that they are only replacing faulty units at the moment.
You are therefore fortunate in that you have had them both replaced.
MartinL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:30pm
So today I had a phone call from Kia Wolverhampton. My new lights have arrived, only taken 6 weeks, they will be fitted tomorrow. Although only the offside is faulty they are changing the pair as the vin number is in that range. Good service I think.
Ceed 1.6 GDI
MartinL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:06pm
Its back now. I can see immediately why they change two. These are a completely different design to the old ones. I guess it’s a case of changing in pairs if not the latest spec or single units if they already are.

Edited by MartinL - 11 Jul 2018 at 8:07pm
Ceed 1.6 GDI
Railman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:38pm
Had to get my n/s daytime Led lights headlamp unit changed in Feb 2018. all ok after. however, a few weeks later, the driver's side daytime Led lights stopped working !!

The dealer stated it would take many weeks to get it fixed as no parts in the U.K. and waiting for a back order from Korea.

Today, much to my surprise, due to a recent Kia bulletin, BOTH headlight units were replaced at the dealer under warranty repairs for free. only took 1 hour to do. all works great now.

Now the puzzle bit I stared at the headlamp units and they both a more modern redesigned type and actually enhance the cars looks. so, one pleased owner, I am at long last and hope that is the end of the nuisance led's faults.
This warranty is so valuable.

2014 Kia CeeD 2 Sportswagon 1.6 crdi
DavidN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:04pm
I wonder if anyone has come across an indication of what the issue is with these DRL's? Is it just design and luck or are there specific circumstances that exacerbate it, such as headlamps overheating them or power-washes blasting them? I also wonder if it is attributable to certain model years? Maybe you guys might have been party to this info. when chatting to service reception?
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:09am
In my case the problem only occurred when on dipped beam. The drl's didn't flicker under normal daytime running or when on main beam. Both headlights were changed with no quibbles whatsoever.
"The Boss" has a 13-plate Picanto and I have a 17-plate 1.0 ltr Hyundai i30 Se Nav new generation with all the options(and very nice it is too.....)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic