FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Daylight running lights LED's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
chris140472 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris140472 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 8:36pm
Ok  if you have not got to pay when under warranty but when the car is out of warranty I understand they are arm and leg jobs......
2014 spec. (14 plate) Cee'd 2 1.6 GDI 6 speed manual transmission.
Sponsored Links

monkeygibber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeygibber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:15pm
Kia identified the fault and newer cars dont have that issue.

You've 7 years, other manufacturers will only give you 3 years after which you may be forking out. Ask the early adopters of Audi LEDs which had terrible problems...
Ceed 3 2015 1.6 petrol 133bhp planet blue
mobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:01pm
Just noticed DRL off on side while head light is off. When headlight is on, it is on but flickering on one side. Need to call dealer. Confused
2014 Kia Ceed 3 DCT Auto 1.6 petrol
mobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 5:36pm
Dealer said headlamp clusters to be replaced under warranty but due to huge backlog it may take 2 months for parts to arrive! Shocked
tvancao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvancao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:28am
This issue failed my MOT and I'm being told by the dealer that the part is back logged and on a back order that could be months. So I'm left without a car.
I've spoken to Kia Customer Care daily, and they've have been back and forth with the dealer about wrong part numbers...and said the units have been delivered

Long story short I've not had a car to drive due since 1st of December due to failed MOT and Customer care not seeming to align with the dealer on the part number which in turn is holding up approval of a courtesy car.

Can anyone else confirm if the DRL replacements are still on this back log or have they actually stocked up?
Spenk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 12:22pm
I had mine done at the beginning of this year and it took a couple of weeks for them to come in. My father-in-law's have just gone and he's been told it could be over a month before the replacements come in. Sounds like this is still a major issue for Kia.
tvancao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvancao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 10:11pm
Thank you for this.
mobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 1:08pm
Quote This issue failed my MOT

That is news to me because I thought DRL not tested in MOT. Fortunately my MOT was done just before DRL failed.

Have yours failed completely? My one side is fine. Other side works if engine is cold and headlight is off. As soon as engine gets warm, DRL goes off or flickers when headlight is on.

What is tested in MOT?

from page 19,
Daytime running lamps are not testable unless they replace the front position lamps. Where this is the case, they should dim when the position lamps are switched on and may extinguish when the headlamps are switched on.

Is it the case that in Ceed DRLs are actually front position lamps?

Quote Sounds like this is still a major issue for Kia.

If it is MOT fail then indeed a big issue! Angry

Edited by mobi - 06 Dec 2017 at 1:15pm
tvancao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvancao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:17am
From what I was told, it becomes an issue when you turn on the lights at unight and they are out,then it indicates the unit is faulty so needs to be fixed.
One of the DRL was totally dead and the other was apparently flickering.

I agree DRL should not fail an MOT.
But if they are indicative of issues with the whole unit then I sort of accept that...but it's just all a bit weird to me.

Edited by tvancao - 07 Dec 2017 at 12:18am
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:36pm
On my Cee'd 2 the drl's take the place of the traditional "side lights", so I guess it would be an MOT failure.
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic