FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

DAB Radio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KiaMoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiaMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DAB Radio
    Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 2:51pm
For five weeks my Optima SW has had no problems with the radio and DAB stations/reception. However, since this morning I've not been able to get a DAB station - I'll get music for 4-5 seconds then signal lost, then music for 4-5 secs and signal lost etc. This is the same across all DAB stations. Have not changed locations and not encountered this before.
Sponsored Links

Grp163 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grp163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:18pm
had a problem with mine lost the DAB radio which found out later was head unit but also was loseing the speed camera alerts when connected to phone hotspot. had head unit swap and now all sorted
KiaMoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiaMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 8:58pm
Seems to have sorted itself, no problem since. I wonder if it was a problem with the DAB radio signal from source.
Coolcamper55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolcamper55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 7:41pm
Sorry to drag up an old post but a couple of Optima 2 2017 sw owners are having issues with DAB.

Can you advise what trim level and year your vehicle is. Kia are playing games

Thanks
Tommy
SAOR ALBA
Grp163 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grp163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:59am
Mine is a 2016 gtline
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Coolcamper55 Coolcamper55 wrote:

Can you advise what trim level and year your vehicle is. Kia are playing games

The GT-Line S is DAB-equipped.  Mine is a November 2016 car.
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
Coolcamper55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolcamper55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:15am
It seems that they (Kia) decided to not equip some of the "2" level of trim with DAB.

Even though the spec. for the "all new 2017 Optima" clearly states it's an across the range standard build.

I would be interested to hear from Optima 2 owners if they have DAB as standard.

Thanks
Tommy
SAOR ALBA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic