FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

DAB radio not showing up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Coolcamper55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolcamper55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 6:34pm
I think we might need to canvas owners of Optima 2 SW owners and see what they have on their vehicles.

If its on the spec advertised then I would have thought there is a case for advertising standards to answer.

Do you have the answer in writing?

I am due in on Friday at 0830, I will update the forum on the outcome. In the interim I intend to do some investigation.

Another point is it depends on whom you spoke to in Kia. Was it customer services or was it the technical team.

There is always the option of an email to the Head haunch. I seen this as a very effective.

The link for the aftermarket DAB does not appear to work.
Tommy
SAOR ALBA
Sponsored Links

Johnyspanton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnyspanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 6:50pm
Yes I have both the emails from my conversation saved and the ones between the salesman and Kia which he sent on to me. There complaints department don't seem to want to deal with it or just don't have the answers. Sorry the web site is www.justconnectme.co.uk . It's not a perfect solution but the best they could offer me.

I have also taken copies of adverts from Kia dealers still offering DAB on the adverts for that model . One person at a dealer said early builds had the DAB missing but new builds have a DAB. I can't seem to find out of this is true.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolcamper55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:02pm
I have checked out the www.motorombudsman.org and from the code of practice the garage selling the vehicle are in breach of the code under used cars and Kia were in breach in inaccurately advertising the facility.

My personal view is that Kia do not have a leg to stand on.

The garage from where you purchased the car also failed to check the facilities before advertising the facility as being available.

Tommy
SAOR ALBA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnyspanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:30pm
I will wait and see what you get advised before falling up any further. There still is a hope that I have been told the wrong thing and it is just a software problem but I won't hold my breath
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolcamper55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:59pm
OK will let you know how it goes. The web site for the ombudsman also has a search facility that shows up any outstanding recalls against your vehicle. I plugged mine in and it says I have a safety recall. Did not say what it was but that I should get to the dealers, so I will raise that as well.
You can check, all you need is the vin number
Tommy
SAOR ALBA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnyspanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
And we have a answer from Kia.

Thanks for your emails and patience whilst I investigated this.

I can confirm that Kia Motors UK are currently running a rolling model change. This model changes adds the DAB radio to the Optima Sportswagon '2', this explains why some dealers may have access to Optima SW '2' with a DAB radio.

The main specification will show that the DAB radio isn't available on the Optima SW '2' until all stock of the car has been sold. As advised, when you open the specification sheet that states the Optima SW '2' comes with a DAB Radio, this is dated August 2017 and your Optima was registered 10 May 2017. The Optima SW '2' model that you purchased doesn't come with DAB radio and this isn't a specification error.

The specification sheet on the website was published in August 2017 and carries the following message at the bottom of the page.

"Images are for illustrative purposes only and may not be to UK specification. All information and illustrations are based on data available at the time of print (August 2017) and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Kia dealer for current information."

I've attached a photo from the main specification sheet of the Optima on our website, that shows that DAB radio isn't available on the Optima SW '2', however as stated above, Kia Motors UK are running a rolling model change which includes a DAB radio for the Optima SW '2'.

Sounds like a an excuse to me
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolcamper55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:09pm
Excellent now I just have to throw that at the stealer tomorrow if they get shirty. I think you are correct in the fact that they are covering their back. It should be remembered that Kia monitor this channel and the mention of the motor ombudsman may have gained their attention.

Does that mean you have to go back and have the connect box removed?

Roll on 2 morrow. Will drop a note on here.
Tommy
SAOR ALBA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnyspanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:23pm
No they are still going to put the connect box into the car as they informed me that it had DAB in the first place. I just feel a bit bad for anyone buying the car under the impression it has DAB in the first place. Good luck tomorrow I'm sure you will get another excuse as well
Durham180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durham180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:50am
My 17 plate SW2 (new on 21/6) has DAB radio
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolcamper55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:39am
Wow! That has restored my sanity, so it changed in June 2017 but Kia say they only changed in August, hmmm this sounds a bit strange.

My date with destination has been postponed 'til Wed, they called to say that the only trained tech has had to go to London for an urgent training course.

Good news they are aware there is a safety recall pending and have that in hand.

Tommy
SAOR ALBA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic