FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

DAB info FIXED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
mah006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mah006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:35am
Originally posted by mattyduk mattyduk wrote:

indeed, I suspect they will use the excuse that because the "Update can take hours" (their words not mine), and I did a while you wait service on a Saturday, they didn't bother, but you think they would have mentioned it.

Software update takes less than 15 minutes map update can take up to an hour so no excuse while they are carrying out other service duties on the car   
MY16 GT Line 1.6TGDi Fusion White
Previous MY14 1.6GDi White Edition
Sponsored Links

mattyduk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattyduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:39am
Originally posted by mah006 mah006 wrote:

indeed, I suspect they will use the excuse that because the "Update can take hours" (their words not mine), and I did a while you wait service on a Saturday, they didn't bother, but you think they would have mentioned it.

Software update takes less than 15 minutes map update can take up to an hour so no excuse while they are carrying out other service duties on the car   

I've gone back and asked them whether the patch is available for my car, and if it is will drop in it one Saturday.

If I get that fixed, I might keep the car :)
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:05pm
I did my own updates from an SD card. Both took a little over 40 minutes total.
Sportage ISG 2 Dark Gunmetal Grey (Delivered 19/9/16)Still lovin' the way people ogle at my car
mattyduk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattyduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by MerlinL14 MerlinL14 wrote:

I guess Kia don't openly allow you to download updates and apply them yourself ?
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by MerlinL14 MerlinL14 wrote:

I guess Kia don't openly allow you to download updates and apply them yourself ?
No, the files were available form an Italian KIA forum.
Sportage ISG 2 Dark Gunmetal Grey (Delivered 19/9/16)Still lovin' the way people ogle at my car
MBL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:07pm
Latest response today from my newly franchised KIA dealer that were to have all the latest equipment 7 weeks ago.

“As for the software update, we don’t have the correct information /equipment to carry out as yet”

Hahaha, they’re a shambles!
GT Line 2.0 Fusion White
mah006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mah006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by MBL MBL wrote:

Latest response today from my newly franchised KIA dealer that were to have all the latest equipment 7 weeks ago.

“As for the software update, we don’t have the correct information /equipment to carry out as yet”

They only need a SD card its not rocket science
MY16 GT Line 1.6TGDi Fusion White
Previous MY14 1.6GDi White Edition
MBL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by mah006 mah006 wrote:

They only need a SD card its not rocket science

I looked on YouTube last week and it had a few videos up showing guys doing it themselves. Unfortunately I failed my Italian language classes at school!   
GT Line 2.0 Fusion White
mattyduk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattyduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:35am

I looked on YouTube last week and it had a few videos up showing guys doing it themselves. Unfortunately I failed my Italian language classes at school!   

I've got about as much Italian as Vettel :)
mattyduk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattyduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:30pm
latest from my dealer is that they don't have any info on an update and they've spoken to their "master technician"

They are going to ring another a garage to see if they know

glad to see that Kia UK let everybody know exactly what is available.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic