FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Creaking Steering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
noublue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noublue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 10:09pm
This happened to me the other morning, it was very frosty. i noticed it as i pulled off the drive.  i'll mention it to the dealer when it has its first service.
sportage '1'   1.6GDi
Sponsored Links

markhig2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markhig2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by ascsbe ascsbe wrote:

I had this problem and it went into the local main dealer on Thursday. The service manager told me he had taken 3 calls that day about the same issue.

On checking with Kia it has now been officially identified as an issue which happens in temperatures under 3 degress.

It is now under investigation by Kia and a fix albeit possibly temporary is available. It involves greasing a certain part but not being the engineering type don't ask me what. Mine has been fixed.

So if you have the problem chase your main dealer because as I stated earlier it is a problem identified and under investigation by Kia.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks, very helpful info!
2016 Kia Sportage '3' Fusion White
From
Insignia Sports Tourer
Sp9cey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sp9cey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:08pm
Hi, I’m very new to this forum mainly because I wanted to see if anyone else has this very problem. I have a 66 plate sportage brought it in August last year from December I am getting this rubber twisting sound when I turn full left at slow speeds mainly when reverse parking or pulling off the drive.
Car went to dealer for 1st service end of January 18 and I asked them to have a look at it but no luck they said they couldn’t hear any noise on the steering.
It is very intermittent and feels near on impossible to replicate, this week it’s seem really bad so I booked it in again got a call after 2 hours telling me it was the cv boot but sure thing this morning the noise is back.
I have called the dealer again today, they are now telling me that there isn’t a problem and all sportages make this noise when turning full left it’s ‘normal’.
I’m quite disappointed in their response I have never had a car make such a noise without there being anything wrong.
If it’s a reckonised problem does anyone here know what the fix is because apparently my local dealer doesn’t!
ascsbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ascsbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 7:39am
Hi. If the problem is groaning noises when you turn left or right at slow speed normally when car is or temperature is cold then disappears when warmed up then Kia are well aware of it. They have issued dealers with a temporary fix which involves greasing up the brushes apparently. ( I am not an engineer) It is what Kia say is a temporary fix whilst they investigate fully. Dealers have been given the fix and should be aware of it. If it is not this issue then cannot help.
Andrew

Edited by ascsbe - 26 Apr 2018 at 7:40am
Sp9cey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sp9cey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:11am
Hi Andrew
Thank you for your reply, it is exactly the problem after driving for a while or going out again in the afternoon the noise is gone! It went in on Tuesday this week they mentioned greasing the cv joint and did something with the cv boot renewed a cable tie I think, I I brought it home at lunch time didn’t drive it again until Wednesday morning but the noise was back in the morning gone again in the afternoon.
I thought it was me going a bit mad so glad other people have the same thing, just a bit disappointed I guess, I waited 4 years to own one of these lol
ascsbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ascsbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:15am
If you look under the Kia Customer Service section on this forum you will see a posting by me and a response from Kia.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic