FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Constant 4 wheel drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
johnbri15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbri15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constant 4 wheel drive
    Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 3:49pm
Hi everyone. I have just joined the Forum. I bought a 2004 Sorento manual 6 months ago with the front propshaft missing. I have fitted a propshaft and it seems to go in 4 wheel drive as soon as I move. as I come to a stop, it seems to like come out of 4 wheel drive. could it be the speed sensor. Thanks for any info. Brian
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 4:01pm
You must have an XS or XT model with TOD then .If the front prop had been removed this is usually done when the transfer box is shot just making it a 2WD rear only.It is possible it may only be a sensor but not normally the case.You could for a start change the fluid in the transfer box and see if that helps.Use either TOD fluid from Kia dealer, or if not add a friction modifier added with what you use
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
johnbri15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbri15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN wrote:

You must have an XS or XT model with TOD then .If the front prop had been removed this is usually done when the transfer box is shot just making it a 2WD rear only.It is possible it may only be a sensor but not normally the case.You could for a start change the fluid in the transfer box and see if that helps.Use either TOD fluid from Kia dealer, or if not add a friction modifier added with what you use
johnbri15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbri15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 4:30pm
It drives fine, tows ok, I travel 70 miles a day to and from work without a problem or strange noises. Just appears to be in 4 wheel drive high all the time. This just has the auto or 4 wheel low switch.
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 4:47pm
Have you made sure the best tyres are on the rear.It is always advisable to have a matching set of tyres all the same make.The rears always wear faster so to avoid problems the tyres need rotating regular.Directly you see the tread lower on the rears swap them with the front. As long as the rears don't rotate faster than the front,the front should no be engaging.It only takes one mm difference of the tyre to continually engage.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
johnbri15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbri15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 4:52pm
Could be right. The front tyres are probably a couple of mm better than the rears. Thanks for the info.
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 5:42pm
try it with the tccs fuse removed in the drivers kick panel, if it drives in 2wd ok then you might be ok with the transfer box.
Johnboy1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 4:39pm
We had same problem turned out it could be lots of things in the end I removed the fuse for 4 wheel drive and just put it back if nreded
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:26pm
instead of pulling the fuse you can fit a switch to the mag clutch feed.
craig06 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 7:04pm
What switch needs fitting to fix the issue. I think mine might be in constant 4x4. Is there a way to tell?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic