FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Considering a Cee’d 1.6 - open to advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
baldrick69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote baldrick69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:18am
I can confirm, from personal experience, that the reversing camera, LED driving lights, all 4 alloy wheels, USB module and media unit are replaceable under warranty.
2012 Ceed SW3
2012 Sportage AWD
Sponsored Links

mobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 1:31pm
Check if DRL working correctly. DRL failure is common problem in 2013-14 cars. Based on other threads here this can cause MOT failure!

Check service history. Without full Kia service history you may have trouble claiming under warranty.
2014 Kia Ceed 3 DCT Auto 1.6 petrol
DAF XF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAF XF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 6:08pm
Dealer fully advertises it as in warranty but I have noticed the last service was at 13,000 miles since last but about 17 months had passed so worth trying to get further info on that as to if it is a typo...

Also the colour screen in the middle of the dash does that affect the instant mpg readout as I test drove a new Ceed 1 or 2 and it only had a bar feature that went up to 50mpg. I prefer an actual figure but that’s no biggy but slightly strange it only goes to 50. Just wondering if the different screen has a different layout!
mobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:13pm
Quote  I prefer an actual figure 

Me too, but shame that it just displays a useless bar.

My Mk I Ceed has actual readings displayed nicely center console.
2014 Kia Ceed 3 DCT Auto 1.6 petrol
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:19pm
push the up arrow once on the steering wheel and youll get the actual mpg figure
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by artscot79 artscot79 wrote:

push the up arrow once on the steering wheel and youll get the actual mpg figure

That's your average though isn't it? Rather than instantaneous.
Having having said that, the average is more use IMHO. Instantaneous changes too quickly (as you might expect!) for my liking.
DAF XF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAF XF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:11pm
Average is good but experimenting with gear/speed/rpm etc to get best instant helps you improve the average easier if that makes sense. Less tempting to plant the foot if you see the instant dropping immediately!
DAF XF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAF XF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:14pm
Also I notice on my wife’s soul when it is almost reaching the fuel light stage it’ll click off at the pump with approximately 43litres added. By the time I get anywhere near to having it brimmed by slowly filling it it’s taken 53l or more. It takes forever to do compared to other cars. Just wondering if ceed had the same sort of tank as sad that I am I use a fuel and mileage app so am rather pedantic about brimming it each time!
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:14am
Originally posted by DAF XF DAF XF wrote:

Also I notice on my wife’s soul when it is almost reaching the fuel light stage it’ll click off at the pump with approximately 43litres added. By the time I get anywhere near to having it brimmed by slowly filling it it’s taken 53l or more. It takes forever to do compared to other cars. Just wondering if ceed had the same sort of tank as sad that I am I use a fuel and mileage app so am rather pedantic about brimming it each time!

I usually get 50 ish litres in each time I fill up (that's after fuel light has been on for a while)
Im to busy to do all that faffing about when filling up though. I just drive it and fill when light comes on.
If you're that fussed about mpg then don't drive it, you'll get loads more time between fill ups!!
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:32pm
Most cars will allow you to trickle an extra 5-10 litres in after the pump cuts off. This space is, apparently, to allow for expansion in hot weather, but I don't think that will be much of an issue in UK!

The only good thing about the red bar consumption indicator is that it is easy to see (except in bright sunlight). By keeping half an eye on it I can drive very economically, more so than using cruise control.
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic