FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Clunking noise when turning wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ali13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clunking noise when turning wheel
    Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:00am
I bought a Kia ceed 57 plate last week and today I started to hear a clunking sound when turning my wheel fully. I noticed it when parking and I can hear the noise when turning the wheel when the car is not moving. Looking at other forums online it seems it could be a cv issue but I am clueless when it comes to cars and really rely on it for work. I took it into a local garage today and they have said it’s my wheel bearing that needs replaced. Can anyone tell me if this sounds right? And how much I should roughly be paying to have it replaced?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Ceedy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 4:51pm
Suggest you get an estimate from your garage, detailing the work they propose, then get a separate estimate. Useful to see if they agree on what needs doing as well as price comparison for you.
Good luck! Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic