FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Club Site Updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rob_1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Site Updates
    Posted: 08 May 2016 at 3:36pm
Just wondering why some parts of the site seem so drastically out of date, such as the model information and the Kia News sections.
It seems that these could be a valuable resource to old, new and potential Kia owners could find really useful, but are rendered quite useless or even potentially misleading by being out of date.
Sponsored Links

GT1994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 6:09pm
Is this the forum part or the main website part?
Oliver
Red pro_cee'd GT Tech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxOpxYdc2I
rob_1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 6:13pm
The owners club part, rather than the forums specifically
GT1994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 6:14pm
Good point! I don't know if that part of the website is controlled/updated by different guys that don't make up the admin/mod team here? My guess would be it is a different team! Good point raised though nonetheless.
Oliver
Red pro_cee'd GT Tech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxOpxYdc2I
Uvox2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Uvox2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by GT1994 GT1994 wrote:

Good point! I don't know if that part of the website is controlled/updated by different guys that don't make up the admin/mod team here? My guess would be it is a different team! Good point raised though nonetheless.

You are correct Oliver, it is a different team.

They are working on updating those sections but the pattern of members logging on show 99.5% of people who log on go straight onto the forums pages therefore making the other sections less of a priority.

Therefore our main focus is ensuring all the sub forums that make up the Kiaownersclub.co.uk are working and more importantly safe for members.

Paul

Forum Moderator
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 10:33pm
I go striaght to the Forum pages simply because I got tired of going to the News and finding it hasn't been update for yonks.  Perhaps others do the same.
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
rob_1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 10:37pm
I can totally understand that perspective Paul, and obviously you need to prioritise. However, just as an alternative way of looking at it, the lack of up to date information might well be the reason why 99.5% of users don't bother with those areas. Having looked at them once, one tends to think they aren't worth bothering with, which is a real shame.
rob_1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 10:40pm
As I'm such a slow typist, Lancelot just made my point as I was typing - and much more succinctly lol. I bet others are the same as us.
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 11:26pm
I'm only a one finger typist, but if I ever manage two finger typing I'll get there in half the time!

Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
Sad555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sad555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:58am
News out of date,I don’t think so it quite clearly state KIA awarded best manufacturers in.......................................................2012.....................................
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic