FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Changing diesel fikter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carl69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing diesel fikter
    Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 5:15pm
Hi all
I need to change the diesel filter on my kia ceed 08 1.6sw.
Having never done this before could someone give me a quick run down on how to replace it please.

Many thanks
Sponsored Links

hchwskse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hchwskse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 1:32pm
I would be interested to know this as well, as my father-in-law seems to think this a trickier job that it should be; as other parts of the engine bay are in the way, making it not so straight forward.
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 2:27pm
Not a job for the light hearted.A lot has to be stripped out to gain access.Have a look at YouTube videos for similiar Kia and Hyundai models,not actually one for Ceed,but will give you the general idea of what is involved.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
wastedagen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wastedagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:17pm
I have just carried out my first service of our new, to us, 2009 ceed. I did the fuel filter amongst other things... I have a few pics.

First you need to remove air filter box and pipe leading to turbo.

Then label and disconnect all fuel pipes and electrical connectors

Then undo the 4 nuts securing the housing to the bulkhead. Carefully remove the entire unit.

Then on the bench you can remove the filter from the black housing.

Once the new filter is screwed on, hand tight only, refit it in reverse.

Once fitted leave this pipe unconnected as this is where the fuel comes out when you prime the filter. Use the pump on top off the filter. Push this down and up until fuel comes out. Then reconnect the last pipe. And then give the pump a few more presses until it firms up.

Finally refit all the remaining parts. Air filter etc......

Hope this helps.....
Cee'd 1.6LS Auto Estate
Ceedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 11:20pm
Thanks very much for this really helpful post. So clear that even a spanner numpty like me could follow it!

Edited by Ceedy - 16 Jul 2017 at 11:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic