FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Change Air Con to Climate Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doodledkia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doodledkia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Air Con to Climate Control
    Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:53am
A 2010 Ceed has come up for sale near me and pretty much ticks all the boxes except that it has Air Con, not climate control.

I'm wondering how tricky it would be to change it. I found the console unit on ebay
www . ebay . co . uk/itm/KIA-CEED-ED-2011-LHD-AC-HEATER-CLIMATE-CONTROL-UNIT-97250-1H622/152959610749

It looks like the temperature sensor is built in to the unit so is it just a case of swapping this over along with the plastic trim for the central consol. Does all the magic happen within this unit?

Edited by doodledkia - 28 Mar 2018 at 10:54am
Sponsored Links

bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:40am
Link doesn't work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doodledkia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:44am
I added spaces around the . characters. Strip those out and it seems to work fine my end. I'm just assuming as a Newbie I might get a slap for posting links.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doodledkia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:46am
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIA-CEED-ED-2011-LHD-AC-HEATER-CLIMATE-CONTROL-UNIT-97250-1H622/152959610749

... OK, I was wrong, I can post links :)

Edited by doodledkia - 28 Mar 2018 at 11:46am
gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm
Interesting idea - best to check what sort of connectors are behind your current controls I guess?

bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:37pm
It's an interesting one.
On one hand it would be good business practice for Kia to make building different cars as easy as possible.
On the other hand, it just seems a bit 'too' easy to simply change it like you would a radio.....
Hmmm....
mcsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 8:00pm
I am not sure that will do it alone.

The Airbox has a Motorised Hot/Cold Flap.
And there is a Cabin Temp Sensor for the Climate to measure the Temp.

And the one you linked is marked Left Hand Drive.
The Airboxes are not the same LHD to RHD. Might not apply to the Controls.

I had a 2008 LS with Climate and had a failed Hot/Cold Flap Actuator Motor.
The Climate (when working) was not the most intelligent.

Ace Demon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace Demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by doodledkia doodledkia wrote:

A 2010 Ceed has come up for sale near me and pretty much ticks all the boxes except that it has Air Con, not climate control.

Let's get the terms straight. Your car has manual climate control. A car with auto climate control has air-con. The systems have the same major parts and ultimately do the same thing except with manual you can set what you want whereas with auto you get what some bloke in Korea thinks it's what you want.

I assume you want to know whether it is possible to fit an auto head unit on a manual car? It's not a simple plug in change.

Besides, I agree with another poster. I had an LS but mine had an external air quality sensor and a separate cabin temperature sensor so I don't know whether the unit on ebay is an earlier or later generation. Let's say that when I sold the car it was a relief to go back to a manual system.

(Edited in Firefox to remove a strange link that  Chrome inserted. I didn't insert it and I don't know what it was.)  

Edited by Ace Demon - 16 Apr 2018 at 11:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic