FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Centre console

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kenners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centre console
    Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 7:40pm
Hi, Has anyone purchased the factory console/armrest, if so how difficult are they to fit and are they worth the money.I have a 2012 Hunter. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Soul Rebal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Rebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 8:54pm
Just bought armrest from kia spares in UK for 2012 - 2014 soul
It's the type that fits onto the seat with a hinged bracket, which     I think is better because it can be pulled up out of the way if you don't want to use it, and you still have the console area usable.
Have to remove back panel and side cover on seat to install which is easy enough and screw bracket in place with a couple of screws though the holes already in the metal seat frame, the only part which may worry you is cutting the fabric on the side of the seat to allow the hinge to pass through.
Take it easy and small cuts with supplied knife then fit collet clip around hinge to hold fabric in place.
Lid lifts up small storage inside.
I have a 61 plate hunter which is classed as a 2012. So should be the same as yours.
£145 expensive???
What can you do???

Edited by Soul Rebal - 10 Jul 2016 at 9:15pm
Troute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 7:07pm
I'm sold on the idea of a centre console arm rest but I'd prefer one that is adjustable and can swing out of the way. There's one fitted to my 2015 Connect+ and I think it's handy but it has the two flaws above, it's just a wee bit too low for comfort when driving and it's hard to plug the seat belt in because the console is tight up against it and so am I.

I fitted an eBay one to my old car and it needed a fair bit of work to get right but once done it looked good and was great, it lifted up out of the way when you wanted it to.
I keep getting this nagging feeling I was supposed to be doing something with my life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic