FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Central locking issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Steveimoff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveimoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:50am
Hi bazkiely

That's exactly what happens and you're right by outlining the main concern of the possibility of people trapped in the rear seats! I hope your visit to the dealer resolves the issue for you. Let us all know.
Regards
Steveimoff
Sponsored Links

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveimoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 7:51am
Hi Fitshase
I didn't have auto lock/unlock set. I have now. I set it to lock as I move off and unlock on key removal. No problem so far. Still having both rear door locks replaced. Will let you know.
bazkiely View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazkiely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 8:41pm
My KX4 is booked in to have rear door locks replaced by Kia in Lincoln
KX-3 D SAT NAV AWD
Gun Metal Grey
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveimoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:49am
Hope it resolves the problem mate.
James&Gillian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James&Gillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:56pm
Mine does exactly the same. Auto locks once you drive off, and when you stop, the drivers rear door and sometimes the boot won't auto unlock.

Think I'll give the dealer a call to fix it. :-)

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveimoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 3:01pm
Hi James&Gillian

FYI
The boot won't open if any of the passenger doors remain looked. Or so I've been informed by a Kia engineer. Some kind of interlock involved. When the doors work properly the interlock is released and the boot door should open. So I wouldn't worry too much about the boot door it's the passenger door locks at fault. Good luck with the visit to the dealers.
bazkiely View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazkiely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:39pm
Hi

Anyone had theirs diagnosed yet? As Kia are stringing me along stating it will take over 2 weeks for the part to be replaced!!!
KX-3 D SAT NAV AWD
Gun Metal Grey
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveimoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:46am
Hi bazkiely

Done hold your breath. I've been waiting for word from Kia for a month now! Get on their case and good luck. I'm on holiday in France at the moment so not too bothered. I'll be on to them when I get back.

Steveimoff
Oscarodent View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oscarodent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:27pm
FYI
The boot won't open if any of the passenger doors remain looked. Or so I've been informed by a Kia engineer. Some kind of interlock involved. When the doors work properly the interlock is released and the boot door should open. So I wouldn't worry too much about the boot door it's the passenger door locks at fault. Good luck with the visit to the dealers.

This is certainly not the case with my GT-line S the boot can be opened with all doors locked
2017 Reg Sportage 1.6 T-GDi auto DCT AWD Gun Metal Grey
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Oscarodent Oscarodent wrote:

FYI

This is certainly not the case with my GT-line S the boot can be opened with all doors locked

Same with my 2017 GTline (non S)
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic