FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Ceed on 15" wheels?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Back again View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Back again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by GreenArrow GreenArrow wrote:

Thanks all! Whichever wheels I use (bear in mind the ones I have are TUV certified for use on the Ceed and i30), assuming sensors are installed, would the car auto-detect that four sensors were in place, or would I have to do something to tell it the other wheels were there? If the latter, can an owner do that themselves or is that a dealer-only job?

If you contact TPMS Direct https://www.tpmsdirect.com they will tell you exactly what is needed to clone the sensors in your existing wheels so that the new sensors work exactly the same as soon as you drive away.
Sponsored Links

GreenArrow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 11:05pm
Thanks! I followed the link but Ceed wasn’t listed and the prices were in dollars - would they know about the Ceed as it's a European market car (hence the “daft” name)? ;-)
2012 Cee'd 2 SW 1.6 CRDi EcoDynamics
Back again View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Back again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by GreenArrow GreenArrow wrote:

Thanks! I followed the link but Ceed wasn’t listed and the prices were in dollars - would they know about the Ceed as it's a European market car (hence the “daft” name)? ;-)

Don't know what happened there, Google gave me an American site instead of the UK one. Try this

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 1:21am
Thanks again! Looks much better, can get a couple of options based on the reg of the car I'm interested in. If I do go ahead (and the wheels fit) I can probably get sensors from them. :-)
Astra99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astra99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:14pm
In the original posts dating back to 2013, 205/60*15 tyres were mentioned.  If these are fitted in place of the standard 205/55*16, then the speedometer will read faster than true speed by a little under 1%.
HTH

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:11pm
Thanks for the speed info! Mind you, 1% at 70mph would be 0.7 mph, so probably within the margin of error of most speedometers? My intention had been to replace the tyres with the “correct” 195-width ones when they wore out, but they haven’t quite yet (though they are getting thin at the edges).

One thought I’ve been having is whether to try to trade my current car in with the old tyres on it, with the assumption that they’ll be replaced before it is traded on. Not sure how much this would affect the trade in, not having alloys on the car? As my alloys are 16” they should fit a 2016/17 year Ceed and I can get TPMS sensors for them when I buy 16” winter tyres. Problem solved? :-)
Astra99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astra99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:28pm
Further to your most recent post, fitting 195/60*15 tyres will cause a speedometer error of around 2.75% fast.  Changing the tyre size to 195/65*15 will change that error to 0.4% slow.
HTH
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:18pm
I’ll bear that in mind Astra99, thanks!

Well, I did it, I’m picking up a 65-plate Ceed SW 2 diesel on Monday. Over 2.5 years old, but not yet done 8000 miles. Still smells like a new car (although don’t garages have that smell in a spray these days?) :-)

It’s a pre-facelift model looking at the lights, and seems to be Euro 5 rather than Euro 6 as well as being £30 tax rather than £20. And I’m hoping that the 15” rims will fit this one, allowing me to visit BackAgain’s TPMSwarehouse link for sensors, and then get 195/65 R15 tyres to go on them.

Thanks again to all who have offered advice! Presumably I won’t have to revive this thread in another 5 years as the next Ceed 100% won’t take 15” rims...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic