FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Cee'd gt line battery if left will it go flat?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Daveyboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:22am
Sorry to post again but I'm assuming with this post not being too busy that the flat battery issue may not be a big issue anymore?

Only thing I worry about is parking up for a week or so without using it in this time. So hoping that I won't encounter an issue but if anyone sees this post and has any reassurance or tips for me regarding issue then I really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links

artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:55am
Shouldn't be an issue had my car parked up near on 2 weeks with no problems modern cars use a lot of power now with immobilisers/alarms and the ecu having constant power to retain memory etc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 7:01am
Originally posted by artscot79 artscot79 wrote:

Shouldn't be an issue had my car parked up near on 2 weeks with no problems modern cars use a lot of power now with immobilisers/alarms and the ecu having constant power to retain memory etc

That's good to hear, what car do you have, does it have the keyless entry as read a few times that in past it may have been that causing a drain but assuming it's been fixed?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:57pm
Anyone with a gt line had any battery issues or should it be ok leaving for a week or 2?

Spoke with Kia directly any they say they are unaware of any issues like this
monkeygibber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeygibber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:38pm
Unless there's a fault then should be fine for 2 weeks.

What makes you think otherwise?

Edited by monkeygibber - 02 Apr 2018 at 9:38pm
Ceed 3 2015 1.6 petrol 133bhp planet blue
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 11:16pm
My Picasso used to be parked in the drive all of Jan, Feb and March, often covered in snow, while we were in West Australia on holiday every year.  Started 1st time on our return even when the battery was 10 years old.
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 6:53am
Originally posted by monkeygibber monkeygibber wrote:

Unless there's a fault then should be fine for 2 weeks.

What makes you think otherwise?

Thank you for response, it's only because I've read a few posts on here where people have had battery issues on their cee'd and stated battery had discharged after a few days. Plus I asked the salesman when I bought the car as well and he said that he could confirm that he often had to top up and recharge batteries for the cee'd when they were left on forecourt etc as they tended to lose charge quicker. So just wanted to know if anyone with the car had had issues at all or if it had only affect a small number of people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic