FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Carens struggling to start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nothappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carens struggling to start
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:19pm
Hi, I'm new here and my first ever Kia and not too happy!...
I bought a Kai Carens from a dealer on 7/06/2017 the car was registered on 24/06/2016 the car is a "Kia assured used car" and comes with 7 year warranty from date I purchased it. I drove the car home then a couple of very short journeys, car didn't always start first time but I thought that I just needed to get used to having to have foot on clutch and turn key to start. By Sunday 11/06/2017 I thought there might be a problem with the car rather than with me! I took car into the garage on Wednesday 14/06/2107 and by now car was taking as many as 6 attempts to start. Spoke to salesman I bought car from and he said it's not right, take it to service department, guy there struggled to start it and said the battery probably needed charged. They kept car over night and charged the battery then test drive and told me battery was now fine and car started first time when I picked it up on Thursday 15/06/2017, by next day the was car back to not starting so phoned garage and told to bring it in on Monday 19/06/2017. On Sunday 18/06/2017 my husband went to start the car, it started on second attempt but made an awful noise like it was misfiring then later on after going shopping it took at least 12 attempt to get car started.
Really fed up, love the car and in an ideal world I would just like to swap it for one that starts Smile 
Sorry for such a long post but am really a bit cross to say the least Angry
Sponsored Links

Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:43am
You have legal rights check them out.  Try Honest John (Daily Telegraph) They must fix it or give you your money back. You have six months for this to apply.  I'm amazed at the lack of ability of modern garages with their high tech equipment. but mechanics who haven't got a clue what is wrong with car and their inabilty to sort out a simple problem.  If nothing shows on their computer the car is OK. 

Log every thing that is happening and the responce from the garage.  I often wonder how such places get their agency as they are so incapable of simple fault finding and rectification.  The day of the true mechanic went years ago apart from the few.  These days they are simply parts changers, keeping going,  'till they get it right.  It is similar in so many so called "trades" these days.  Please keep us informed of the progress made, and how about a call to  KIA H.Q UK?  They should know who is letting down their reputation. 

Incidently, I spent 49 year in the Electrical/Mechanical repair industry before I retired, almost 17 years ago, aged 63, and was amazed at the lack of competance of so many in the industry.  NO, I wasn't perfect but could beat many of the University Grads when it came to fault finding and rectification.

And now another few glasses whisky before bed.  I'll read what I wrote in the mornig and see if it made any sense.

Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
Kia Customer Service View Drop Down

Official Kia Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia Customer Service Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:57am

Hi nothappy

Thanks for the post.

We’re sorry to hear your Carens is letting you down and the battery charge didn’t cure it.

As you’re returning to the dealer today, please give us a call on 0333 202 2990 if you’d like any support whilst your car is on site.

Kia Customer Service

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KIAUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:41am
A good and worthy responce from KIA, I'm sure that they don't want their reputation let down, let's hope it's sorted this time.
nothappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:09am
Hi, thanks for your reply...hope you enjoyed your whisky and it was a nice malt!

I have been checking out a few sites for my rights and read Honest John, the one thing I am concerned about if I push for a refund is what happens about the trade in price they gave us for our old car. Anyway I was pleased Kia replied and am going to give them a call. I am really worried in case the car is going to give us problems if we keep it, as it is a Kia used approved car it would have had the 88 point check and I would have hoped any problem would have showed up then but I know nothing about cars! I just feel that £17,500 is a lot to pay and have a problem after 4 days.

I know exactly where you are coming from regarding mechanics, seems you plug into a computer and it tells you what to do and you blindly follow without thinking outside the box! Not like the old days at all.

It just so happens that I received an email from the dealership asking me to fill in a customer satisfactory survey for them or give then a call if I wasn't happy so off to start the phone calls now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:15am
Good luck.

Whisky -

Carn Mor Strictly Limited Royal Brackla 2001 @ £56 a bottle. 

nothappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:35am
Bet you enjoyed it...I'm not a whisky drinker but sniffer LOL Won't be buying that one for my husband in a hurry!!

Uvox2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uvox2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:21pm
Can we please stay on topic.

Please feel free to discuss whiskey on the Idle chat section.

Paul
nothappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:43pm
Oops...Don't think I'll be on this forum much, seem to be doing it all wrong. First Sheets accuses me of "spamming" and now I've upset a moderator.
Anyway took car back into dealership this afternoon, I had decided to let them have another go to find the fault providing they gave me a decent courtesy car that fits 2 child seats and a dog crate which they have. Also the understanding is if they fail to find the problem I can reject the car or they will find me another car of same spec etc.
I also have Kia customer care helping out.
Acenta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:53pm
Under existing consumer law you are entitled to return the car within the first 30 days for a full refund. The dealer has no option but to do this. He cannot insist on trying to fix it, he cannot delay the matter.

After 30 days he can deduct monies and its much more time consuming.

So if you are unsure about keeping the car take it back and tell them you want a full refund, you will find the full details on either Which or Honest John. here is a link to the Which page http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/the-second-hand-car-i-bought-has-a-problem-what-are-my-rights

Ever wondered what happens to those cars that are rejected because they have a fault that cannot be fixed. They get sold on again and it would not surprise me if you had bought one.

Edited by Acenta - 20 Jun 2017 at 3:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic