FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Bulb change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Daveyboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulb change
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 7:05am
Hi everyone.

My headlights are currently working fine but with the dark weather I just wanted to know really that if a headlight bulb went how easy it is to change on these cars or is it best to take somewhere to get changed?

Also what head light bulbs does it take.

I have the normal non led bulb daytime running lights which I assume are a pain to change as well or am I wrong?

Thank you
Sponsored Links

RTFishall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RTFishall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:30am
The non led bulb daytime running lights are the only thing I don't like. It's a shame that Kia are penny pinching on this feature. Surely, led would not cost much more in production. I wonder if it is possible to fit led's as a replacement?

Edited by RTFishall - 06 Dec 2017 at 10:31am
Cee'd 1.4 VR-7 (2011) until 2016. Now I drive a Renault Kadjar. But my other half (The Boss) has a Kia Picanto and is very happy with it.
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:35am
Bulb specification will be in the handbook. I'd need triple jointed wrists to replace the bulbs in the bosses Picanto.....
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:09pm
Ah ok so from what you are saying then the daytime running lights are hard to change. What do people do when they blow?
So are the usual sidelights and headlight too tricky to change as well? Where is best place to go when they do require changing. Any suggestions?
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:28pm
Unless you have tiny hands and are used to fiddling in confined spaces,it is easier to remove the light unit. This may seem daunting to some if you have never done it. If you purchase bulbs from Halfords they will fit them while you wait. May be the best way for you then you will see how its done.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:32pm
Ah ok, and they will fit any bulb including the running lights? Would they know how to fit then as surely it varies between car makes?
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Daveyboy123 Daveyboy123 wrote:

Ah ok, and they will fit any bulb including the running lights? Would they know how to fit then as surely it varies between car makes?

It's only a bulb. It wouldn't take long to figure out it. I've never fitted one to my picanto yet but if it went I reckon I could work it out pretty quickly.
Kolster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:44am
I tried to change the headlight bulbs on my 63 plate 1.25 Mk2 Picanto, I had 3 attempts each lasting about 20mins and eventually gave up, and I thought myself reasonably competent in doing this sort of thing, I have a workshop and have rebuilt engines etc in the past, in the end I took the car and bulbs to a friend who has a MOT and servicing garage, it took him about 2 minutes a side, it was almost as easy as taking the lid off a coffee jar and replacing it, the DRL's are more involved as you have to undo and loosen the inner wing liners to get at the bulbs. I haven't had this done yet.
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:46pm
The problem is not that it is difficult, merely the lack of room to get big hands into small space. With the headlamp in place it's impossible to see the bulb holder.
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:19pm
Oh ok so it's the issue with actually getting your hands in to change it. Is there any guide or steps on how to change if taking headlamp out as well to change Bulb? Is it fairly simple as in you unscrew something and it just pops out so you can get to bulb?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic