FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Brake pedal recall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sidz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brake pedal recall
    Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:03pm
My vehicle is due in tomorrow to have this work done. Has anyone else had this done? Is there any difference in bake feel afterwards & what exactly does it entail? I'll post my thoughts after its been done. Model year 15 Soul Mixx.
Sponsored Links

Troute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 5:12pm
Mine's a 15 C+, not heard anything but it's only 7 weeks old so maybe it's already had whatever needs doing, done.
I keep getting this nagging feeling I was supposed to be doing something with my life.
Sidz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 11:39am
If you login to the owners area of the Kia website you may find a message alerting you of an outstanding action required to your vehicle. You should receive details of the MyKia owners area in the post. Your vehicle may not require action as mine was on the cusp of the fault being rectified at the factory. My car is 4 months old. It is an advisory fix that can be left until your next service but I felt I wanted it done sooner rather than later.
mexicanbeetle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mexicanbeetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 4:59am
due to get my brake pedal done in the next couple of weeks
+ something related to airbag

aircooled
Gazza1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:40am
Does anyone know what the issue is with the brake pedal to warrant a recall,
Mine seems to have developed a intermittent fault where the brakes sometimes seem to be slow at releasing after pressing the brake pedal.      So I'm wondering if this is what the recall is for.

Edited by Gazza1970 - 17 Feb 2016 at 9:46am
Gazza1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 10:33pm
What a load of balls
I emailed Kia as I didn't have the code to login into the owners area to check to see if my car has any recalls and they told me as my car was registered to Kia uk first then I can't have the code. Even though i told them it was brand new with only 4 mile on the clock when I bought it .

Here's the email they sent me .

Thanks for your email.

Currently, customers who buy a nearly new Kia are unable to register for MyKia.

We're looking in to ensuring that all Kia owners are able to use this new feature and will look to update you when this becomes available.

I hope this answers your questions. If you do need any other help please get in contact with us on – 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards
Meg Corr

Kia Motors UK

Edited by Gazza1970 - 17 Feb 2016 at 10:35pm
Troute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:40am
They gave you a phone number, call them if you're worried about it.
I keep getting this nagging feeling I was supposed to be doing something with my life.
Gazza1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:55am
I rang my local dealer where I bought my car and its booked in next week to be checked out,
Supacabby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supacabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 8:37am
Had mine done, no idea what they did, no difference in pedal feel or travel, hth.
Had 3 x Mk2 Carens, 2 x Mk3 Carens, a 2006 Magentis, a Soul 1.6hdi Auto Mixx in White over Powder, all diesel, now gone to the darkside with a Renault Koleos!
Sidz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 2:16pm
Hi again, no real difference felt with new brake pedal completed. They have tightened up the braking so that the car feels similar to when it was brand new, which is nice. The metal pedal bar looks new but otherwise nothing significant to report.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic