FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Boot space with spare wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2012vengaman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2012vengaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boot space with spare wheel
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 10:26pm
Just joined and put on intro on the newbie forum.
I have a query about the spare wheel situation. I've gone through loads of posts but can't find anything that answers my query so here goes, my first post (sorry its a bit long)...

My Venga 3 is a 2012 Auto and has the goo pump thingy.
I'd like to get a space saver or full size spare but also want to keep the boot floor on the lower position.
So questions are:
Has anyone got a space saver fitted and can say how much space remains between the wheel and the boot floor in the lower position?
Has anyone got a full size spare and can say if that fills the wheel well or is there still some space (and how much) between the wheel and the boot floor in the lower position?
I'm assuming the jack kit will fit inside either the space saver or the full size?

I just want to know what will fit where in the car before buying a suitable spare either from ebay or my local vehicle dismantler.
Sponsored Links

littlemoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by 2012vengaman 2012vengaman wrote:

So questions are:
Has anyone got a space saver fitted and can say how much space remains between the wheel and the boot floor in the lower position?

I'm assuming the jack kit will fit inside either the space saver or the full size?

I have space saver fitted and can use the boot floor on the lower position.
Venga 1.6 CRDi 3 Sat Nav
Dr Sangrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Sangrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 3:28pm
I have a full-size alloy wheel fitted (from a C'eed, which is of identical size but seem to be cheaper on E-Bay than those for a Venga). It just about fits with almost no clearance between the floor in the lower position. You'll need to make up an adaptor to secure the wheel (required for the MOT). I used two long bolts, one with the end cut off, a connecting piece with a locknut at each end, and an insert, made from two discs cut from a plastic Ikea cutting board, to locate in the wheel's centre hole.The jack etc. fits within the wheel.
klyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:53pm
On my 2016 Venga 3 auto I have the space saver and I can put the boot floor in the lower position. I also have a Kia spare space saver wheel, £50 if interested , cost £200 when new.

David
1.6 Venga 3 Auto in Planet Blue Metalic
2012vengaman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2012vengaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:36pm
Thanks David
At present we need to sort the stalling issue (see other thread) as if this can't be cured we may have to reject the car and start the search again for another one (which may come with a spare rather than goo pump).
We took about two months to find the one we have local to us. It has to be Auto and model 3 as this has the gizmos my wife wants. It can't be black or silver.

Its my wifes car mainly so once we have the stalling issue sorted (assuming we don't have to reject) we will continue our search for a wheel and she will have to decide if she wants a full size or space saver.

Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic