FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Automated boot beeping!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automated boot beeping!
    Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 8:51am
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has managed to switch off the 2 beeps the automated boot does when opening and closing? I work late and unfortunately need access to the boot when I get home.

Not sure my neighbours will appreciate the beeping at 2 am!
Sponsored Links

aircraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aircraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:39pm
I believe it is a safety thing to indicate a moving part, so unlikely that you will be able to.
Rico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:15pm
That's what I was afraid to hear. Haven't had any complaints yet but probably cause they are too nice around here!
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Rico Rico wrote:

Not sure my neighbours will appreciate the beeping at 2 am!

Can't you access the contents you need by folding one back seat after opening a rear passenger door? I have had to do that on occasions and the doors close very quietly on my Optima.
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
Rico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:45am
Some days I will. Most days I won't. I think it will only be an issue in the summer months as people have their windows open.
aircraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aircraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:33am
Or sometimes put the stuff on the back seat instead.

We meed more neighbours like you.    :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic