FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Audio not working at times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chrisn_2007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisn_2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audio not working at times
    Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 10:57am
First time posting in this forum so hello to all!

I have a 2016 Sorento and have started having a problem with sound output from the audio unit. Basically sometimes on start and for the duration of a journey until turning off, the audio does not play any sound at all, no radio other sources and even no parking sensor sound from the front. Any ideas what could cause this? Its happened three times in the last two months.

Cheers
Chris
Sponsored Links

night.fox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote night.fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 1:55pm
I actually experienced that one time only for the 1 month i had this car. I did restart completely car. Im guessing its the amplifier. Until i experienced again i cant tell
Sorento 2017 - Snow White Pearl

Sportage R 2012 Limited CRDi 2.0 - traded
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisn_2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:05pm
Ok cheers for the reply. Hopefully it doesnt happen again for me either. Kind of annoying as its an expensive car, you would expect better really. My wifes ceed has never had any issues like that! Thanks again

Chris
Trevorh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevorh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 3:18pm
So far, I've never had that on my Sorento but funnily enough had it happen on a Ford C-Max yesterday. Pressing the mute button twice fixed it so I reckon it was just that the software rather lost the plot. As reported in another thread, another example of confused head unit software which I have experienced is repeated warning messages to run the engine when using the radio - whilst driving along! This one was fixed by an ignition cycle and has not yet recurred.
2016 Sorento KX3 Automatic
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisn_2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 3:44pm
Hi Trevor, thanks for that, will try that next time it happens. Cheers
YoungRobbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungRobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:07am
Had the same a couple of times since I got the car, the last time was around 2 weeks ago.  It's such a low priority for me that's it's hardly worth worrying about.  Add to that, if the problem isn't affecting the car when the dealer looks at it they will charge you, this is one that can wait until it happens all the time.
night.fox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote night.fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 3:49pm
Why would you get charge if the car still under warranty?

Its a problem then they shoulf find solution. As for me, i am just waiting for it to happen on me again then ill drive straight to service center. Showing them audio not working and i wont restart car just to fix.

Lucky for me, its only a couple of minutes away from our house :)
Sorento 2017 - Snow White Pearl

Sportage R 2012 Limited CRDi 2.0 - traded
Trevorh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevorh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:15pm
I've asked this before in connection with a different problem, but do Kia have a mechanism for us to report these software bugs? If not, why not - it would surely be helpful to them to be alerted to such issues so that they can try to fix them in future firmware releases.

Or maybe KCS could assure us that, by monitoring this forum, they make sure that these bugs are reported to the development team?
2016 Sorento KX3 Automatic
YoungRobbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungRobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by night.fox night.fox wrote:

Why would you get charge if the car still under warranty?

Its a problem then they shoulf find solution. As for me, i am just waiting for it to happen on me again then ill drive straight to service center. Showing them audio not working and i wont restart car just to fix.

Lucky for me, its only a couple of minutes away from our house :)

It's a dealership thing.  They insist that if the car gets to them and there is no problem then there will be a charge for looking at the car, which is what Kia advise they can do.  They're actually the worst car dealer I've ever had to deal with.  They won't even do pickups for services or warranty work.

Here's the thing, I really like the Sorento, it's actually a great car to drive and is really nice.  I wouldn't buy another one at the moment though because I can't handle the dealer attitudes or should I say my local dealers attitude.
tigger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by YoungRobbo YoungRobbo wrote:

....  I wouldn't buy another one at the moment though because I can't handle the dealer attitudes or should I say my local dealers attitude.

After the complete mess my supplying dealer made of installing my towbar, I found myself another dealer.

My new dealer didn't charge when I asked them to check something - even though there was no fault.  They didn't charge for updating the maps earlier in the year.

I've just had the first annual service done (2 year/20,000) as I've done 15,000 miles.  The service included a brake fluid change with no attempt to charge it as an extra [as many dealers do].  I declined an aircon recharge, but even the charge for that was reasonable (£98) considering that it's the new expensive gas.

All in all, very happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic