FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Anti perforation warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daveyboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti perforation warranty
    Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 2:11pm
Hi all.

I've just had car serviced by local main dealer and when I've just checked the service book they have stamped and signed the service page but not the anti perforation warranty check.

I was under impression that taking it to main dealer they would do this check alongside the service.

If it's left until next year now when service is due, does that mean my warranty is invalid? If so is whole warranty invalid or just this anti perforation part?
Sponsored Links

rizmo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 2:45pm
Been caught by this one. Body check is not part of service, as not all cars are serviced annually, if high mileage, so you have to ask for it to be done. Very annoying when you do have it serviced annually, and they don’t do it, but down to reception to either remind you, when booking service, or owner to remember. Upside is, very few cars need any remedial work, and most cost is relatively low, if they do.
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate.
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:12pm
if you were to ever have a valid claim they will expect to see all perforation checks signed up by the dealer, it is their get out of jail card.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:11am
Yes it is very annoying as I've already been and done my service and don't want to take back again and get booked in just got this check to be done.

If I don't though then what exactly could it effect?

Will the whole of my warranty be invalid though or just a certain part of warranty?

Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Daveyboy123 Daveyboy123 wrote:

Yes it is very annoying as I've already been and done my service and don't want to take back again and get booked in just got this check to be done.

If I don't though then what exactly could it effect?

Will the whole of my warranty be invalid though or just a certain part of warranty?

It'll cause you problems with the body corrosion/paint warranty.

Just take it back and get them to sort it while you wait. You'll wish you had bothered if you ever get any rust problems.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:51am
Thanks for your replies. I may try and contact them and see if they can fit me in and I'll wait while they check.

Thank you everyone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic