FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Aftermarket Dab radio sat nav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tr0gl0dyte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tr0gl0dyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aftermarket Dab radio sat nav
    Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 7:03pm
Hi

I am considering installing an aftermarket android dab/Sat nav touch screen unit

Has anyone done this before? What are do's and don'ts?

And is there anything I should take in to account?

thanks for reading

Sponsored Links

gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 1:18pm
I imagine it would be relatively straightforwards, apart from the steering wheel controls if you have those?

I've looked into replacing factory units before (KIA Sedona/Hyundai Entourage with roof mounted DVD player) but there was always something that wouldn't quite function as it did before.
ratboiler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratboiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:28pm
I had my old radio replaced with a Kenwood DPX-7000DAB double din unit, it has CD player/Bluetooth/Ipod/iphone/kitchen sink the lot but no sat nav but the auxiliary will run one, the fitter added a unit to the radio to get all the functions back on the steering wheel.  Been using it for a while now lovely sound on the original speakers, the fitter said no point in changing them they sound fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic