FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

AEB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 7:15pm
Just hope that when it does work that you haven’t got the wife in the passenger seat, I still have the bruises and I never knew that she possessed such language 😀 she thought I had done it on purpose to get her attention
a dog is for life, so DON'T marry one !
Sponsored Links

Federal27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Federal27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 3:35am
Well I've receieved a response to my question frim Kia, or rather a response to a question I didn't ask.  They will not talk about the forward warning collision system (FCWS), I suspect because it doesn't exist, despite being in the manual & user settings.

I run my own business and I don't think I would be able to sleep at night if I treated my customers this way.

So if you have the new Kia Rio, please be aware, that one of the safty features (FCWS) does not work in any way.

I'm currently looking at taking this matter to trading standards. 
dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:29pm

I'm currently looking at taking this matter to trading standards. 
[/QUOTE]

I would hang fire with Trading Standards Federal27, FCWS is fitted, it is part of the AEB and it is the warnings you get on the dash prior to the brakes being applied automatically. Like I have stated I have had it activate (automatically applying the brakes) twice and had the warnings alone on a number of occasions. Reading this you would think I’m an habitual tail gater, but I’m not. I have it set to early (probably why I get the warnings so often) but on the one occasion it has activated correctly and slammed the anchors on, I think that if it was set on normal or late it would have been a waste of time.
The only reason that I can think of as to why KIA won’t talk about it is the fact that it has a mind of its own, if you read all of the section on AEB in the manual there are so many variables that make it work or not 🤔
Federal27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Federal27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:39pm
Interesting, I’ve never had any warnings despite having a near miss. I’ve always had it set to early. Don’t know what to do. I’ve asked them to tell me at what point the warning would activate if I drove at a stationary car at 30mph. You would think that would be easy, but no reply. Thanks for confirming that it worked for you. I was beginning to think that nobody had ever had a warning prior to AEB kcking in. Maybe I’ll report it as a fault every time I have it serviced until they get sick of me.
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Federal27 Federal27 wrote:

Thanks for confirming that it worked for you. I was beginning to think that nobody had ever had a warning prior to AEB kcking in.

I drive a completely different KIA model to you but I can confirm, like 'dilus', that FCA does work on my car. To attempt to activate it just to see if it works is both fruitless and dangerous as I discovered time and again in the early days with my car.

I have had mine activate several times over the last 18 months and it is very reassuring when it happens, although it does give one a fright when it occurs!Pinch  I'm pretty sure I recall 'Signman', a fairly frequent contributor to this forum and Sportage owner, mentioning his experience with that system element so others have reported the efficacy of FCA and AEB.

Edited by Indalo - 12 Jun 2018 at 8:01pm
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 8:07pm
On the ONLY occasion it has hit the anchors automatically on me and I might add correctly. I was approaching a roundabout and was distracted by something off to the left, I took my eye off the road for a split second and the warning went off a fraction of a second before the anti lock kicked in automatically. The car in front had stopped a lot quicker than I had expected. On this occasion I was glad it was fitted. I was in a 50mph limit, probably doing 45pmh, the car in front was virtually stationary. It only beeped ONCE before applying the brakes.
My wife informs me today that the car beeped at her whilst stationary at a “T” junction 🤔
Like I say it has a bit of a “mind of its own” I can go weeks without a beep at all but sometimes it beeps quite often.
I dare not set it to anything other than “early” having experienced it, as I don’t think it would have saved my embarrassment on any other setting. I’m glad it is fitted but it is sometimes annoying when it beeps for no apparent reason.
Federal27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Federal27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:08pm
Yes, to confirm the FCWS should activate before the car brakes. 3 stages, 1.visual, 2. 2.visual & audio beep, 3 AEB brakes. I feel it works on other models. Not sure it works on the Rio. If the first you know about it is stage 3, there is no FCWS.
dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Federal27 Federal27 wrote:

If the first you know about it is stage 3, there is no FCWS.

As I have said Federal, I have had it just beep on several occasions but as soon as you apply the brakes or lift off the throttle it de-activates and doesn’t go to stage 3. It realises that you are reacting yourself.
I’m quite confident it is working on my Rio, just not quite as simple as the manual describes it 🤔
Federal27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Federal27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 8:20am
thanks for the feedback dilus. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic