FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Advice please! ABS, ESP and heavy steering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mrspinkrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrspinkrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice please! ABS, ESP and heavy steering
    Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:24pm
Hi everyone!
I recently acquired my first Kia seed and it’s nothing really pleased. However when starting the car today I noticed that the ABS liked it, and that the ESP was off. Driving away I noticed that the steering was very heavy. Popped into my local garage who put it on for diagnostics and it’s come back with a faulty sensor on the offside front wheel.
It’s booked in for next week.
However, I noticed that after diagnostics that the EML came on but it wasn’t on before...??
Also, how would a sensor make the power steering heavy?
Thanks for any input!
Mrs Pinkrat
Sponsored Links

Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:02pm
Hello Louise and welcome! Unfortunately without putting the car back onto a diagnostics machine it's impossible to say what the fault could be. The engine management light could be on for one of many reasons ranging from the trivial to something more serious.
 Regarding the heavy steering, I don't think it's related to the faulty sensor and further investigation should be carried out there also (it sounds like the car has been poorly maintained by the previous owner.)
 You say that you recently acquired the car? How recently was that? Did you buy it from a motor trader or a private seller?
 I'm asking these questions because for a certain amount of time you have protections under the sale of goods act 2015. If you purchased the car from a motor trader you may have the right to ask them to repair the car free of charge, or in some circumstances you may be entitled to a full refund.
 Hope this helps. Smile
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
Mrspinkrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrspinkrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:55pm
Hi Gary and thanks so much for your reply.
I got the car on 3rd May, from a dealer but not a main dealer. Do you think I could ask him about repairs?
I love the car, it’s my first Kia! This fault (or faults) appeared completely out of the blue today. Prior to that, it’s been great 👍🏻
Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:19pm
Yes! Absolutely ask the dealer that sold you the car about repairs.
Here is a brief description of how the sales of goods act 2015 works regarding used cars: https://www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic