FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Advice on Buying a Rio 1.5 DOMINO CRDI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robosaintee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robosaintee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on Buying a Rio 1.5 DOMINO CRDI
    Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:59pm
Hi,

Looking for any advice from you guys. You all seem very knowledgeable!

Have recently passed my test and have also moved through to a different city as my wife has found a new job. I am doing a 90 mile commute on the train everyday and having passed my test am looking for a car.

We have seen a Rio 1.5 Domino CRDi diesel and was wondering if anynone has any thoughts on this. It says that the average mpg for this car is around 62mpg. The car has done about 62000 miles and is an 11 plate.

Motorway driving would be about 80% of this commute everyday. Thoughts on fuel spend or what mpg would achievable?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:11pm
Welcome to the club! You dont give a name so Robo will have to do. I have an '08 1500 crdi bought new. The true mpg on this car in summer(normal driving) 48-52. Winter 38-42 unless you get the car hot on a long run then it does better

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robosaintee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by grumpycrdi grumpycrdi wrote:

Welcome to the club! You dont give a name so Robo will have to do. I have an '08 1500 crdi bought new. The true mpg on this car in summer(normal driving) 48-52. Winter 38-42 unless you get the car hot on a long run then it does better

Thanks for the reply! 

Boy in the garage mentioned that it might do around 50mpg on the motorway. First time buying a car so didn't want to be fobbed off with his 1 tank full will do me for two weeks chat! Very sceptical about this.

Took it for a test drive recently and it was certainly a wee bit faster than what i was expecting. Passed my test in a Ford Fiesta but they seem to be a wee but pricier. The mpg looks great in the Rio.

PS. You can call me anything, ha!

grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 8:17am
Steady 60mph on motorway will bring 60mpg but who wants to do that? As to the performance, this car is   deceptively quick once you get past first gear. The power curve doesn't fade off and you can accelerate from 40 to 110 mph very quickly! The trade off, obviously, is mpg if you floor it. Keep an eye on the front tyres wearing on the inside edges due to potholes knocking the tracking out. The back brakes are unusual in that they are both disc and drum (drum for handbrake) Handbrake adjustment is 2nuts located underneath the cup holder in the cab(lift the piece of felt). It may be wise to remove back disc/drum assembly and clean out the drums which get full of dust. All in all this is a very good car
Good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robosaintee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:31pm
Thanks very much grumpy!

Just shy of £4000 for the one i am looking at. Need to have a wee think about it!
johnsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 10:00pm
4k is very over priced. Knock them down nearer to 3k or do some shopping around. Plenty to be found on auto trader
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic