FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Abs sensor removal issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kirsty161 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abs sensor removal issue
    Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:03am
Hi, new here first off i would like to say sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum or started a already made topic, have the dreaded abs light and break light on.. Changed front brake pads.. Ordered new sensors.. But how on earth do you remove the sensors? Undone the bolt but they are stuck fast in there hole! How do we get them out? Thanks kirsty
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:25am
Give a good soaking with WD40 and leave a couple of hours to penetrate.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
Kirsty161 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:27am
Will that actually work? Also the other bolt did not look good like the top may sheer off when turned!

Edited by Kirsty161 - 13 Jul 2017 at 8:28am
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:48am
If they do shear off you will have to drill center and use an easyout
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
Kirsty161 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:51am
Easyout? What's that?
Kirsty161 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:15pm
My husband has also now got the abs rings what size pulley would he need just in case the wheel hubs are seized on?
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:48pm
on these the c/v joint is bad for seizing in to the hub assy, if it is seized you might find that any sort of puller is not big enough, I have had cases where a 10 ton press would not move it, the knuckle was starting to distort. you might be lucky and it comes apart. as forward planning goes I loosened the c/v joint nut on my sorento and squirted oil in behind the nut then tightened the nut quickly. this allows it to soak in over time.
Kirsty161 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 7:49pm
Hi!we went out today to try and do abs ring thing, it moves freely behind there so it must be snapped right? Well before we got to that the axle hub nut is stuck! A long torque wrench rung off and his small one dead too! How can it come off? It's immposible! Lots of wd40 and heating and it wont budge! The air turned blue!please help!
Kirsty161 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:25pm
Finally sorted abs ring was snapped all changed but abs light is still on have sensors so going to change them next
Kirsty161 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 7:19am
So my abs problem was my abs rings! 2 off ebay with 54 teeth and its fixed! Yah! They cost £6 each!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic