FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

A/c in winter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gwyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A/c in winter
    Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 9:09pm
Wonder if anyone can help me. During the winter, whatever I set the heat controls to it regularly defaults to a/c and on the windscreen which makes for a cold car even with the temperature high, is there any way I can keep the heat settings on to the car....I'm quite capable of clearing the windscreen if it needs It!
Sponsored Links

TerryB58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryB58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 9:21pm
Not sure about the Rio set p, but when you are attempting to demist the AC will turn on to act in de-humidifaction mode.

It is the best way to clear the screen.

Also, if you do not use the AC during the winter the risk of the seals drying up and the AC system leaking are greater.

Rule of thumb for AC - Use it or Lose it  Big smile
Gwyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 9:34pm
I'm quite happy to use air con to demist and I do, I just want to stop it from keep cutting in when the windscreen is fine and I'm chilly
monkeygibber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeygibber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 5:35am
Try the following-

If you would like to cancel the auto defogging system, press the front defroster button 4 times within 2 seconds while pressing the AUTO button. The indicator will blink 3 times to notify you that the system is cancelled. To use the auto defogging system again, follow the procedures mentioned above.
Ceed 3 2015 1.6 petrol 133bhp planet blue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic