FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

a/c drain pipe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
monkeydave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a/c drain pipe
    Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 9:04pm
is the rio a/c drain pipe one pipe from the back of the unit all the way under the car or a two piece with a join somewhere ?

thanks
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 11:58pm
panic over it is dripping lots now 
grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm
Any progress with the water ingress problem?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by grumpycrdi grumpycrdi wrote:

Any progress with the water ingress problem?

thanks for asking, its going in tomorrow (mon 9th) i have had the hosepipe on it today and the rear door is leaking inbetween the door and the inner plastic door panel which is the vapor seal that needs resealing. it gets wet at the front side carpet near the petrol release and in the drivers foot well. the back foot well gets very wet including the side carpet.

so i think it is fix rear door seal, fix both right hand door inner rubber seals and suck the water out and hopefully that will be that.

i bet they wont have them in stock though or just bodge it.

it isnt anything to do with the front of the car as the entire left side of the car and boot is dry as is a strip of carpet under the pedals also the roof lining is dry too.

i might remind them that if it doesnt get fixed this time i will be rejecting the car under warranty as it isnt fit for purpose, that might focus their minds better.

Edited by monkeydave - 08 Jan 2017 at 5:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:44pm
well they saw the dripping rear door i told them about and have ordered a new seal hopefully being delivered tomorrow, so with luck i should get my car back tomorrow night

they still didn't pull the carpets out just some door trim to check, i hope they vac some of the water up as it is begging to smell and who knows what wires are under there.

also i will be able to see if it is getting better or not too

the only worrying thing is that i know it is leaking in the rear door which is where most of the water is but i cant see it going over the sill to get into the back door, i hope that is the only leak like they said it was

it seems to be a common fault for bmw cars this rear door vapor barrier but the pics i have seen show the water on the bottom sill rubber seal too not just on the sill on the outside

Edited by monkeydave - 09 Jan 2017 at 3:46pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 5:02pm
Keep at them till its right. Personally I wouldn't buy a wheelbarrow from your dealer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by grumpycrdi grumpycrdi wrote:

Keep at them till its right. Personally I wouldn't buy a wheelbarrow from your dealer!

yeah your right but its the only kia one near me and no hyundi either so i took a chance as i do like the car

hope i get it back tomorrow after work, the part is in tomorrow (hopefully it is the for the correct door) as i have seen people wait weeks for a part like an alternator on this forum.

i have never seen a rear door seal leak on a rio on any internet page, mostly bmw's

i still dont know how it can get over the sill and onto the carpet as i have never seen any water on the sills unless it rolls under the plastic of the bottom of the plastic door panel and drops down onto the carpet, the amount of water is probably right for the amount of wet carpet for the time it has been raining though so who knows

Edited by monkeydave - 09 Jan 2017 at 6:25pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:04pm
got it back now and it is keeping the water out good now, no water comming through the bottom of the door and door card just out the drain holes as normal, i just got to finish drying the carpet out now

it was coming from the rubber seal around the window frame and they replaced it, they said they never had one go before

so hopefully it is all fixed now, i am really happy and suprised with the result that i got from the dealer on this warranty job

Edited by monkeydave - 10 Jan 2017 at 7:12pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:26pm
Hope its ok now. The dealer is bullshining you about the window seal. I mentioned the window seals in your other post because it has happened before. Really hope its finally fixed
Regards grumpy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:03pm
i poured 3 big bottles of water over the door tonight and the bottom of the door is dry so i think it is ok now  hopefully and there is the same amount of water like the other side passenger door so fingers crossed as it is a stormy weekend ahead

when you say the door seals have happened before, what happened? it is the outer seal they replaced round the black window frame it feels really plyable and better than the origional one

thanks

Edited by monkeydave - 10 Jan 2017 at 10:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic