FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

7 Year warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
grandad zack View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grandad zack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7 Year warranty
    Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:07am
I have a 2014 KX2 AWD auto 15000 miles on it.  I bought this privately from a freind of mine who sadly wasn't able to drive anymore, anyway the question I'm asking is :- will the remainder  of the  warranty   still be on this car? (The Friend I bought it from seems to think there is), I know they boast 7 years but does this carry on when the car is sold to another owner ,  I have notified  the Kia agency where the car was purchased originally, and they told me that the sportage  still had its third service left on it which is due in June this year.  Just to ad that all servicing has been done by Kia. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links

dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:36am
Provided all services have been done (correctly) to date the warranty should transfer to you OK. Also the Care3 service plan if it has one.
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
Uvox2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uvox2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:08pm
Yes, the 7 year warranty is assigned to the car itself, irrelevant of owner.

Paul
grandad zack View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grandad zack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:05pm
Thank you both for taking the time to reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic