FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

64 Plate KX-4 Bluetooth Query

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gadgetnutter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gadgetnutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 64 Plate KX-4 Bluetooth Query
    Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 10:03pm
OK, so bear with me on this..

I am one of those weird individuals that prefer to use a bluetooth headset in my car..even if there is a bluetooth carkit fitted. The audio quality is just far superior.

However, I also like to stream music from my phone via bluetooth.

In my previous cars this has not been a problem as the bluetooth connections on my Sony phone has profiles that can be disabled/enabled per connection, so I always disabled the media profile for my bluetooth headset and enabled it for the car connection, which conversely had the call profile disabled.

This meant I could make/receive calls on my bluetooth headset, whilst simultaneously streaming music/sat nav prompts to my bluetooth stereo via A2DP (media streaming)..I tend to use Waze for real-time sat nav.

Anyway, this doesn't work on my Sportage KX-4 Sat Nav/Audio head unit.

I can connect to the Sportage OK, but the moment I disable to call profile (even though the media profile is still enabled), the Sportage immediately drops the connection.

Am I missing something obvious here?

If I can't sort this, it's going to be a real pain! It's almost as though the Sportage is not recognising the different bluetooth profiles..which would make it a very poor bluetooth implementation indeed!!
Sponsored Links

turnitup59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turnitup59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 3:00pm
The sportage only allows one bluetooth connection at a time so it's calls to the headset,  or calls and music via the phone for you Im afraid.
As for poor implementation, it's a budget car. That said, unless you buy enhanced bluetooth, BMW is thesame.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gadgetnutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 7:32pm
Well, none of my previous 3 cars had this problem...a Vauxhall Insignia, a Chevrolet Captiva and a Nissan Qashqai

I wouldn't have called any of them premium cars....in fact all fall in to your "budget" criteria.
Rednine43 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednine43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 3:34pm
No complaints with my Bluetooth system, just wish I had a touch screen and the ability to read texts as per my Citroen van!!!
turnitup59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turnitup59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Gadgetnutter Gadgetnutter wrote:

Well, none of my previous 3 cars had this problem...a Vauxhall Insignia, a Chevrolet Captiva and a Nissan Qashqai

I wouldn't have called any of them premium cars....in fact all fall in to your "budget" criteria.

No point getting ratty with me, I'm only the messenger. And I didn't set any criteria for budget cars.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gadgetnutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 1:18am
Originally posted by turnitup59 turnitup59 wrote:

No point getting ratty with me, I'm only the messenger. And I didn't set any criteria for budget cars.

Not getting ratty at all!

Just pointing out that your assertion that the bluetooth on the Sportage was poor because it was a budget car didn't really stand up scrutiny.

Also, the fact that I've sort of solved my issue with an £11 bluetooth Aux adapter, kind of shows that decent bluetooth functionality is not limited to premium brands.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic