FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

2019 Sportage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Steveo50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveo50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Sportage
    Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:30pm
Spy photos of the 2019 Sportage (facelift)
https://www.motor1.com/news/239087/2019-kia-sportage-spy-photos/
Sportage KX4 in Fusion White
Sponsored Links

KevH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:35pm
Still the bloody indy's down below Unhappy !!!!
Sportage 1.6 T-GDi GT-Line auto DCT AWD - White
toolpusher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolpusher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:48am
Hopefully you get the coat its got on in different colours Smile   B-gg-r it I hate having a car thats not the latest model there's bound to be a fancy switch or similar that I will desperately need Smile
2017 2.0 CRDi SPORTAGE KX-5
Previous
2014 2.0 CRDI SPORTAGE KX-4 auto
2011 2.0 CRDI SPORTAGE KX-3 auto

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”(Mark Twain)
Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:26am
Originally posted by KevH KevH wrote:

Still the bloody indy's down below Unhappy !!!!

But that is one of the major visual cues of the Sportage and should never be reverted to the generic mainstream. The Gen4 is already watered down over the Gen3, certainly with the C pillar which follows the Tucson with its neutrality, yet Vauxhall and now Jeep with the Compass make it a great visual statement.

I hope Hyundai & Kia keep their models distinct from each other (unlike the Tiguan/Ateca/Karoq stable) but recent offerings of the Rio and new Ceed suggest otherwise...and both of these lookalikes are also pretty bland 'Euroboxes' compared to the previous Rio and Ceed, i20 and i30. 

Long live the design cues of the Sportage including the lower rear indicators - along with the shaped windscreen (again less pronounced than the Gen3)...even the 'Wallace & Gromit' radiator grille makes an individual statement over 'cascading' Lexus type ones every other Hyundai seems to have and other makers are adopting in some way. 
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 36k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.
KevinBattle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinBattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:47pm
I don't have any issue with the indicators being low, they are still easily visible to the vehicle behind - or should be!
I'd prefer there to be two reversing and fog lights at the rear, it just makes sense to have matching each side.
Electronic Parking Brake, and definitely better engines, more power, less emissions and hybrid has to come in with it, not a facelift and then a new model.... One or the other.
I hope the tailgate design is more upright for larger boot volume, but not Soul square.
LED's everywhere Bi Xenon headlights and let's try to have a headlight pattern that works both in UK and Euro without any tweaking....
Perhaps some vibrant paint colours, especially top of the range in metallics.
New 2016 shape 1.6 petrol T-GDi 7DCT White GT-Line Auto.
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:58pm
I would like it to have 2 rear fog lights, as bright as every new Audi on the road, just so I can get in front of them and burn the retina's out of their eyes like they do to every other motorist when the weather turns a bit drizzly! Dead
Sportage ISG 2 Dark Gunmetal Grey (Delivered 19/9/16)Still lovin' the way people ogle at my car
KIA Sportage 2 2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIA Sportage 2 2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by MerlinL14 MerlinL14 wrote:

I would like it to have 2 rear fog lights, as bright as every new Audi on the road, just so I can get in front of them and burn the retina's out of their eyes like they do to every other motorist when the weather turns a bit drizzly! Dead

not a chance with a KIA against an AUDI LOLLOLLOL
KIA Sportage 2 1.7 CRDi ISG 4th Generation in Arctic White

Kind Regards
RAY

mobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:51pm
Kia need to up their game with next Sportage as competitors are offering better features. The new Toyota RAV4 launched looks much better and comes with loads of features. 

Kia can't even offer AEB, Adaptive Cruise control etc across all Sportage trims! I was surprised to discover even the Picanto has AEB!

2014 Kia Ceed 3 DCT Auto 1.6 petrol
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by KevinBattle KevinBattle wrote:

I don't have any issue with the indicators being low, they are still easily visible to the vehicle behind - or should be!

But they're not where the person following is expecting them to be.
So you could argue it's causing an unnecessary time delay in seeing them.
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by KevinBattle KevinBattle wrote:

I'd prefer there to be two reversing and fog lights at the rear, it just makes sense to have matching each side.
Electronic Parking Brake, and definitely better engines, more power, less emissions and hybrid has to come in with it, not a facelift and then a new model.... One or the other.
I hope the tailgate design is more upright for larger boot volume, but not Soul square.
LED's everywhere Bi Xenon headlights and let's try to have a headlight pattern that works both in UK and Euro without any tweaking....
Perhaps some vibrant paint colours, especially top of the range in metallics.

Keyless as part of the top spec.
Paint colours is a good point, we wanted a more vibrant red than the 'Burgundy' colour we have.
Electronic handbrakes I hate, so I hope they keep the manual one.

Edited by bowfer - 16 Apr 2018 at 3:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic