FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

2018 Map / Software updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Daveyboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveyboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Habu Habu wrote:

Had mine done today (£25 - told in advance it would cost) and looks good.  Had to reprogram stations back into radio but all new roads in the area are now covered.

Gone from Map Euro.09.47xxxx to Euro 10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2).  Software, firmware, NAV APP all updated too.

Cheers

Peter

Yeah same thing with mine. Lost all stations so had to add favourites back but not a big issue. All roads seem to show correctly now here.

Anyone noticed any enhancements, can't see I've seen anything added so far?

Edited by Daveyboy123 - 03 Jul 2018 at 8:03pm
Sponsored Links

mr.macspot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.macspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:37am
From July 1st the speed limits on secondary road in France have changed, from 90kph to 80kph. Does the 2018 map updates include this change?
2017 Kia Sportage KX-2 (Planet Blue).
Kia Customer Service View Drop Down

Official Kia Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia Customer Service Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Adammaif Adammaif wrote:

Hi I have just picked up a 17 plate optima gts line (which I love) just one thing it only has android auto will it get apple CarPlay with the map update? Vin KNAGW815VH5140410

Thanks Adam

Hi Adam

Yes it will gain CarPlay when the map update is installed.

Kia Customer Service

Official Kia Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia Customer Service Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Frangipane Frangipane wrote:

Originally posted by rizmo rizmo wrote:

It will be as up to date as the map makers decide. Some owners report roads that have existed for a number of years are still not included, but not Kia’s fault. The updates are as good as the map making firm make them. My stand alone Tom Tom is updated much more frequently than the car map, so should be more accurate, if car map not updated for 11 months, but even that is not 100%. Just make sure the dealer has checked the map issue, before you pick it up, and has updated it accordingly.

Thank you, I will do

We should add that a new Kia will be registered with whichever map version was installed at factory. The dealer are not liable for updating unless an agreement was made at the point of sale. We recommend speaking to the sales manager before the handover as it will be at their discretion whether to support with an update.

Kia Customer Service

Official Kia Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kia Customer Service Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by mr.macspot mr.macspot wrote:

From July 1st the speed limits on secondary road in France have changed, from 90kph to 80kph. Does the 2018 map updates include this change?

Hi mr.macspot

Our map supplier HERE today confirmed they’ll include the amended speed limits late next year. If you use Connected Services, data is supplied by Tom Tom so again depends on how quickly the map provider updates their information.

Vehicles with forward camera operated SLA (speed limit alert) may pick up the road signs, but that is assuming they will be correct.

The speed limits shown an any sat nav are always given as a ‘guide’ only, and it is the responsibility of the driver to comply with local driving regulations.

Kia Customer Service

Masher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:49pm
I bought my car in May 18. Sorento Kx 3 2017. Vin. Number KNAPH81BSG5202201
Below is a picture of the software version etc.
I had no Android Auto and old maps.
I took it back twice to the dealer who insisted that it was the latest software. I waited because they said a new version was due in June.
On July 2nd I took it back to the dealer to have the latest update done. I now have Android Auto but still old maps as in picture below.
Could Customer service please tell me if this is correct,if not what can I do because the dealer told me this was the latest software that Kia had sent them and there is nothing more they can do.

Thanks Ken.
2017 Sorento KX3

Official Kia Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia Customer Service Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 4:42pm
Hi Masher

Your Sorento should have the 'EUR.10....' map version if your dealer used the 2018 update. Please could you PM us confirming your reg, with your email address and the dealer name.

Kia Customer Service
Masher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 4:57pm
Hi,thanks for the quick reply. I can't pm you as I have not enough posts.My email address is kenbmason@gmail.com. If you could send me an email I will give you the details you have asked for.
Thanks Ken.
2017 Sorento KX3
ItsOnlyMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsOnlyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:45am
Hi Ken

I had a similar problem with my Ceed update last year and had to speak to the service manager to get the correct maps.

If your vehicle uses an SD card for the maps then it seems that the update is a 2 stage process and your dealer has only carried out the first stage.

This is what they did for me..

Stage 1.. an SD card was inserted into the head unit of the car and an update carried out. This updated the firmware and software of the head unit.

Stage 2..The maps are stored on the SD card in the vehicle (not the head unit), so they copied the map files from their own Kia supplied SD card (not the one with the head unit updates on but a separate one) and pasted them to my SD card and put this back in my car.

This then gave me the updated maps and head unit updates.
If your car has an SD card then you might want to check with your dealer that they actually did this.

Dave

Edited by ItsOnlyMe - 12 Jul 2018 at 10:47am
2016 1.6 CRDi Cee'd 3
Masher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:56pm
Hi Dave,
       Thanks for the info. That seems to be exactly what they have done. Customer services are going to contact the dealer and find out what is going on and hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Thanks
Ken

2017 Sorento KX3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic