FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

2007 sorento 2.5 crdi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nickiew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickiew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 sorento 2.5 crdi
    Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 8:33pm
Hi everyone,I'm a first time sorento owner and was wondering by any chance someone could help me with a common rail query. My sorento keeps dropping out and the delphi is saying common rail fuel pressure too low. I need to know what the 2 sensors are that's on the common rail please. t.i.a
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 8:46pm
This usually a result of the fuel tank delamination the most common fault with these motors.Check the strainer inside the cassette in the fuel tank.

Should add if clogged take pictures for evidence to show Kia dealer to claim a new FOC fuel tank.Once strainer is clear and fault codes reset troubles should be solved.

Edited by BIRDMAN - 03 Jan 2017 at 8:49pm
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
Nickiew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickiew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 9:09pm
Thank you very much Birdman. Could that be the reason for the engine dropping in power? Every time I clear the code it can run fine for as little as a mile to the rest of the journey. If this isn't the problem though and I do need to change the sensor I'm not sure what one of the 2 are what....
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 9:15pm
This is the reason 90% of the time.First thing that is looked for.Your sensors are reading low due to lack of fuel flow from tank.

Edited by BIRDMAN - 03 Jan 2017 at 9:16pm
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
Nickiew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickiew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 9:41pm
Thank you. Will give it a shot....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic