FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

2007 CRDI EGR Valve removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slysi9781 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slysi9781 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 CRDI EGR Valve removal
    Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 11:10pm
Hi all,
I was having some problems with lumpy running and over-revving acceleration recently. I removed the throttle body over the weekend and it was horrendous. Hard carbon deposits around the throttle butterfly and think gunky black sludge everywhere. It took a hell of a cleaning but seems to have cured it...BUT...
I want to get to the EGR valve, remove it, and clean it out. Now I know there are pipes everywhere, but what is the best way to remove it? Looking at it, the water-cooled EGR cooler is attached, so is it easier to remove it all as one? I also want to take the inlet manifold off and do the same.
Could someone point me in the right direction?
Cheers, Si
Sponsored Links

slysi9781 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slysi9781 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 4:35pm
Can anyone help?
rymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 4:01am
i can help if you still needs to know ....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic