FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

2006 sorento aircon unit location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hugovincenzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugovincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006 sorento aircon unit location
    Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 12:28pm
hello again.

can anyone tell me the exact location for the aircon unit, as i need to use the foam to try and get rid of the damp smell coming from heater outlets. i looked under the the passenger footwell and up towards the right i can see a black plastic casing. is this the casing for the aircon exchanger as i need to drill hole to get foam in. also the location of the the reciculating vent would be helpfull i cant see it on passengers side, is this where its located or is it on drivers side.
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:47pm
Used to mine every year. No need drilling holes any where.Have fan running and spray in air intake vent passenger side near wiper arm. Then as can instructions spray some internally in all vent outlets with fan stopped.Then leave to stand leaving windows open until it has cleared,do not breath in. Do all our motors the same way with product i get from sons garage
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugovincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:02pm
Thanks for quick reply. The intake vent you mention. Is it inside car.or in engine compartment.
grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:11pm
Do you think you could name this product Birdman because the earosol "bomb" sprays that you leave spraying in the car with the aircon on aren't any good. Personally I drop the glovebox and take out the pollen filter. Then with aircon on full blast and heat set to full I pump a dettox supermarket spray into the intake(costs £1.50, does 3 times) renew pollen filter and reassemble
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:20pm
Lift bonnet spray in passenger side which goes straight down into the fan intake behind the glove box.
Should add the early Sorentos do not have a pollen filler only the face lift onwards.

Edited by BIRDMAN - 16 Feb 2017 at 3:55pm
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:26pm
The one I use is a trade one around £12 a can does 3 motors.Theres Autoglym at around the same price.
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:06pm
the air bomb type works but it wears of very quickly, if you can get right at the mould with the foam it lasts much longer
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugovincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:46am
the spray you have used birdman , is it the foam spray or is it just the sanitiser,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic