FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

2003 SEDONA AUTO IMMOBILIZER WONT START

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JOHNJOHNBOY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNJOHNBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 SEDONA AUTO IMMOBILIZER WONT START
    Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 12:46pm
Hi my drive belts snapped belts replaced car wont now start immobilizer light on Diag said camshaft fault changed that still light on changed ignition key ring sender still light on and not starting, this is getting a bit annoying + cost, has any one got any tips or have I got too go down the road of changing the immobilizer control box where ever thats located ? your help would be much appreciated .
Sponsored Links

f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 8:40pm
if the immo light is on the immo will be ok. is it common rail 2002 2003 was the change point, if it is saying camshaft it is most likely cam sensor not the camshaft,
JOHNJOHNBOY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNJOHNBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 10:26pm
Hi fOster thanks for that I have changed the cam sensor and the key aerial ring sender and it is still wont start, Have had a mobile diagnostic guy come around at £60.00 call out fee and his out come was the timing is out from when both drive belts snapped and ether a piece of belt got between the timing and a pulley and jump a few teeth or ripped out a tooth or two, so tomorrow I will replace the timing belt and check the timing marks and fuel pump marks, Lets just hope he is right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic