FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

2.0 crdi servicing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zenith125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenith125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.0 crdi servicing
    Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:52pm
Hi there,

I'm looking at servicing my 2.0 crdi myself, its a 58 plate.

I've seen videos on you tube and read some previous forum posts and feel comfortable changing the air filter, pollen filter, and oil but:

Changing the fuel filter, seen various videos on this, whats the easiest method? is it to unstrap the filter housing from the bulk head and change it out of the car? Also is the fuel filter self bleeding? changed these on cars before where the car would self bleed, but also changed them where there was a manual bleeder to get the air out.

Oil filter, this sits on the drivers side sticking upwards from the bottom of the block, whats the easiest way to get this out? 

cheers,
Sponsored Links

aland View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 12:52am
The oil filter is ridiculously difficult, Kia sell a special tool.
Just too hard to get a hold of and get a purchase on at the same time.
I made my own in true Blue Peter style by sticking a yellow rubber glove inside an old measuring jug my mum gave me of the same dimensions as the filter, then drilling and inserting one of my dads old screwdrivers to give leverage.
We Brits always find a solution.

aland View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 1:04am
And while my gearbox is out, I've been looking up at the diesel filter, knowing it's probably never been changed in 100000 miles. Cant see much to do from the bottom, I'll have another from the top soon.
RichardB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:25am
When my local garage replaced mine they took the airbox pipe to turbo out to make life easier. Also filled the filter with fuel as no primer on the 2 ltr crdi.
zenith125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenith125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 12:26pm
I have done the oil filter, managed to squeeze my hand through from above and get enough leverage to spin it off, replaced using the same method - word of warning though, as the filter sits facing downwards once you undo it then you get oil everywhere!

I have not attempted the fuel filter yet, had a closer look by removing the air filter box and it does look quite tricky! not like ones ive done before. if anybody has done it and has guidance I would be very greatful!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic